cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus x99 Deluxe II Fan Extension Card Installation how?

Nicklas0912
Level 7
Hello.

Im about to install the Fan Extension Card.

But im like, where can I place/mount the card?

I got a Corsair D900.

Hope poeple got any good ideas 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

8a7yh87yteaw
Level 7
First screw the L shaped thingies to the board. Then mount the board by aligning the L shaped thingy hole with a 5 1/4 bay holes... It fits perfectly inside a optical drive bay mounted sideways on the optical drive mounting holes of your case.

Nicklas0912 wrote:
Hello.

Im about to install the Fan Extension Card.

But im like, where can I place/mount the card?

I got a Corsair D900.

Hope poeple got any good ideas 🙂

Hello!

Just found this post as I just received my Asus Extension Card for my Rog Strix Z270E Gaming mobo.
The card is list as compatible with my board but I AI Suite doesn't see it.

As you can see here the proprietary 5 pin cable is connected to the mobo and the card as is the molex for power.

https://imgur.com/a/3vZBZ

The fan connected to ext1 draws power and works just fine but I can't see it and control it in AI Suite.

What gives? Does this card need any driver installation, cause I can't seem to find any on the products page...

Thanks!

namoi
Level 8
Did you try to redo the tuning sequence?
Maybe it should be done in the bios too.
Btw do you see the ext fans in the bios?

There is also a fan in on that board.
Edit: this last one can be used to transform the card in a simple splitter. It doesn't indeed need to be connected if one use the 5 pins connector as you did.

namoi wrote:
Did you try to redo the tuning sequence?
Maybe it should be done in the bios too.
Btw do you see the ext fans in the bios?

There is also a fan in on that board.
Edit: this last one can be used to transform the card in a simple splitter. It doesn't indeed need to be connected if one use the 5 pins connector as you did.

Thanks for the reply buddy, much appreciated!

Yes, I tried the sequence. It asks you to do it when you open fan expert.

Reading on various posts, I found that there might be a chance that the fan/pump cable connected was not compatible, so I connected a Silent Wings 140 PWM fan I have to the same header and it recognized it...so the fan extension card does work but it still doesn't solved my problem 100%.

The problem is that I am looking for a fan header where I can connect my GPU pump cable (from a EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hyrid) that will allow me to set a curve based on the GPU temp. The card is flashed with the ASUS Strix 1080ti vbios so I know it can be done - I have done it for the fan on the radiator.

The only thing I thought of was to move my AIO (Cooler Master ML 240) fan cable from the AIO_Pump header to the CPU_OPT header (the AIO's fan's are connected to the CPU_FAN header) and connect the GPU PUMP in it's place. I know that this header allows for such adjustments.

I don't mind not being able to control the Coolermaster's PUMP and allowing it to run at 100% as it is silent but I had to find a way to control the GPU's pump as it is extremely noisy. In a dead silent case, that buzzing noise was the only thing I could hear...extremely annoying when working next to it while it's idle.

It's OK now as I set it to 70% (see pic below).
My only question would be is how do you change the source for the AIO_Pump header in AI SUITE??
I want the curve to be based on the GPU temp, not on the CPU's (just like I have the radiator fan).

https://imgur.com/a/Jx0Jn click the link to see both photos.

g.tse wrote:
Thanks for the reply buddy, much appreciated!

Yes, I tried the sequence. It asks you to do it when you open fan expert.

Reading on various posts, I found that there might be a chance that the fan/pump cable connected was not compatible, so I connected a Silent Wings 140 PWM fan I have to the same header and it recognized it...so the fan extension card does work but it still doesn't solved my problem 100%.

The problem is that I am looking for a fan header where I can connect my GPU pump cable (from a EVGA 1080ti FTW3 Hyrid) that will allow me to set a curve based on the GPU temp. The card is flashed with the ASUS Strix 1080ti vbios so I know it can be done - I have done it for the fan on the radiator.

The only thing I thought of was to move my AIO (Cooler Master ML 240) fan cable from the AIO_Pump header to the CPU_OPT header (the AIO's fan's are connected to the CPU_FAN header) and connect the GPU PUMP in it's place. I know that this header allows for such adjustments.

I don't mind not being able to control the Coolermaster's PUMP and allowing it to run at 100% as it is silent but I had to find a way to control the GPU's pump as it is extremely noisy. In a dead silent case, that buzzing noise was the only thing I could hear...extremely annoying when working next to it while it's idle.

It's OK now as I set it to 70% (see pic below).
My only question would be is how do you change the source for the AIO_Pump header in AI SUITE??
I want the curve to be based on the GPU temp, not on the CPU's (just like I have the radiator fan).

https://imgur.com/a/Jx0Jn click the link to see both photos.
Afaik you can't use gpu temp as a source in ai suite.
Also cpu opt is a mirror of CPU fan. Not sure you can control them separately under ai suite.

Why don't you use the fan header on your gpu? My 1060 strix has one. It would be the cleanest way (not sure how configurable it is though and gputweak is probably needed too)

namoi wrote:
Afaik you can't use gpu temp as a source in ai suite.
Also cpu opt is a mirror of CPU fan. Not sure you can control them separately under ai suite.

Why don't you use the fan header on your gpu? My 1060 strix has one. It would be the cleanest way (not sure how configurable it is though and gputweak is probably needed too)

Thanks namoi.

You can use the gpu temp as a source IF you have an asus card, see source below & name of card underneath that.

And you're right about CPU_OPT, you can't control it, so I have abandoned that idea.

I am not talking about a fan here. The fan is connected to the gpu's fan header.
I am talking about the pump cable (my card is watercooled). I ended up connecting it to the AIO_pump header on the mobo using a Y splitter until I find another solution.

namoi
Level 8
Never noticed it about gpu temp. Good to know.
And yes i know you spoke of a pump but a pump or fan header are the same hardware wise.

Nonetheless i also think it is better to plug it on the dedicated header. The bios and fan xpert will assume correctly that it is a pump and not a fan.