cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class action lawsuit settlement with NVIDIA regarding the GTX 980 graphics card

meankeys
Level 13
This is a notice from Newegg. Anyone know what this is all about?

We have been informed about a class action lawsuit settlement with NVIDIA regarding the GTX 980 graphics card. Newegg is currently awaiting details about the settlement claims process (instructions, website). Once we have this important information, we will send you a follow-up email with the specifics on how you can submit your claim.

If you have any questions regarding the information provided in this email, please don't hesitate to contact Newegg Customer Service through one of the convenient contact methods provided here.

Sincerely,
Your Newegg Customer Support Team
4 REPLIES 4

sk2play
Level 13
It's a typo for the GTX970 which has been exposed for over a year now regarding the 3.5gb vram optimal limit of the card advertised at 4gb.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10532/nvidia-proposed-geforce-gtx-970-class-action-settlement

I will just say to nVidia -- Don't Do That Again

They are paying 1.3 million to the (opposing) attorney fees and $30 each for those 970 owners filing a claim.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

meankeys
Level 13
Thank You for the clarification.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I'm now organising a class action lawsuit against Neweg....for stating 980 when they meant 970

All 1080 owners can sign up

Darn...i meant....

meankeys
Level 13
lol Arne you crack me up 🙂