cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura sync?

_Bart_
Level 7
I have a maximus viii formula motherboard and a Strix 1080 graphics card.
There is one aura app for the motherboard and another aura app for the graphics card.
Is there no way to sync them?

thanks
bart
12 REPLIES 12

Bahz
Level 12
Unfortunately the new software that allows synchronization between motherboard and graphics card is only available for X99 refresh or later boards so will not work with Z170 or older boards.

Bahz wrote:
Unfortunately the new software that allows synchronization between motherboard and graphics card is only available for X99 refresh or later boards so will not work with Z170 or older boards.

Come on guys...this is Asus' best effort ? Once they can't switch off led lights of the m/b when pc is off and once they can't sync their own
products' lighting?
People pay almost 1000$ for their top of line mb and gpu. Many x99 mbs are cheaper than maximus viii formula for.example!!
I hope it 's just a matter of.an.update which is going to.happen soon!

Raja
Level 13
It's limited by hardware AFAIK. There were some fundamental changes on the X99 refresh boards that allow standby control. Its an evolutionary process, so there are gen on gen improvements that don't lend to backwards compatibility. Consumers always want as much as they can get and think what they bought yesterday or was designed a year ago is still the latest and greatest. It isn't. Thats how the industry works, and no doubt always will.

"but that's not fair!"

"who said anything was fair?"

Don't mind me, I'm just a grumpy fart.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
It's limited by hardware AFAIK. There were some fundamental changes on the X99 refresh boards that allow standby control. Its an evolutionary process, so there are gen on gen improvements that don't lend to backwards compatibility. Consumers always want as much as they can get and think what they bought yesterday or was designed a year ago is still the latest and greatest. It isn't. Thats how the industry works, and no doubt always will.

"but that's not fair!"

"who said anything was fair?"

Don't mind me, I'm just a grumpy fart.

Thanks for marginalizing the concerns of a customer who just spent $1000 for your products based, in part, on advertised aura specs.
I don't feel like this is so much a case of me wanting yesterday's hardware to do something for which it wasn't designed. If the Aura advertising mentioned that essentially all the Z170 motherboards were yesterday's hardware, and incompatible. I probably wouldn't have bought one. my bad. I'm just a unhappy consumer expecting things that I don't deserve. Thanks for your help.

I'm guessing the spatha and claymore won't sync either?

Imagine how I feel...

I have the ROG Claymore, ROG Spatha, ROG GTX 1080 Strix 08G, ROG Formula VIII all bought for ROG Sync and now I find out I can't sync the motherboard and GPU due to a limitation on the motherboard, although when the Formula VIII was launched it was advertised that ROG Sync was coming in the near future to sync motherboard and GPU. Since then the Spatha and Claymore have come out with Aura with I bought to add to the light show, although now can only sync mouse and keyboard. I'm less than impressed given that I've literally spent £2000 on ROG and now the Formula VIII website has been changed and mentions nothing about Aura sync!!!:mad:

Very Informative and this is the answer I've been looking for, So in conclusion, The Maximus Formula VIII has no chances via BIOS or Software updates for AURA Sync since this was limited by hardware. I am a bit disappointed, but life goes on! There will always be new features every GEN of products and there is no sense of waiting at all since waiting will just be a hindrance. There will always be new GEN's and better features out there every year. I will wait for Intel 7700K since this will be the last CPU that will support Z170. The Important thing here is that nobody beats ASUS in terms of hardware and aesthetics. Hopefully the ROG armor is patented so that other's can't copy :d.

Hopefully, If there is an MF9 coming the LED lights should look clean like the RVE 10 and not multiple cheap dots xD. Still I love my MF8 and will look forward on MF9.

More Power ROG'ers!!!

noodlemctwoodle wrote:
Imagine how I feel...

I have the ROG Claymore, ROG Spatha, ROG GTX 1080 Strix 08G, ROG Formula VIII all bought for ROG Sync and now I find out I can't sync the motherboard and GPU due to a limitation on the motherboard, although when the Formula VIII was launched it was advertised that ROG Sync was coming in the near future to sync motherboard and GPU. Since then the Spatha and Claymore have come out with Aura with I bought to add to the light show, although now can only sync mouse and keyboard. I'm less than impressed given that I've literally spent £2000 on ROG and now the Formula VIII website has been changed and mentions nothing about Aura sync!!!:mad:

I know how you feel bruh. I have the ROG Claymore, ROG Spatha, ROG GTX 1080 Strix 08G, ROG Hero Alpha VIII all because of the Sync and just found out that ASUS AURA "MAY" not be available for the Z170 VIII Series. It is so sad that it is limited just because of the Motherboard that I have.