cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonic Studio won't open in WIndows 10 v1607

Terepin
Level 8
It starts in tray bar, but configuration window won't open. I'm gonna try newer version I found on the Internet.

EDIT: Nope, neither them work. Bummer.
EDIT2: This one work: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_Win7-81-10_V6017629_Sonic_2216.zip?_ga=1.1...
150 REPLIES 150

scarystuff
Level 7
How did you get that version to work? I have tried 3 different versions now, including the one you linked to and I still can't get the Sonic Studio GUI to open up. I tried installing it in admin mode, tried running it in admin mode, nothing works.

Terepin
Level 8
Dunno, it just works. But I expected that ASUS will fix its software when Win10 updates comes out. They did not. Horrible support.

EDIT: Are you using Secure Boot by any chance?

Terepin wrote:
Dunno, it just works. But I expected that ASUS will fix its software when Win10 updates comes out. They did not. Horrible support.

EDIT: Are you using Secure Boot by any chance?

Secure boot is on and it's booting in UEFI mode. I have no idea what those things mean. It's supposed to be like this, right?

scarystuff
Level 7
Good question. Can I see that somewhere without having to go into BIOS? I am on an old BIOS version so maybe it would help to update it.

Terepin
Level 8
It's in Boot section.

Button wrote:
A New Update is out:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_V7829_20160630.zip?_ga=1.207033427.1156783...

I have same problem. And any of updates doesn't work. I even did format. Nothing has hanged, still Sonic Suite 2 is not working for me in winver v1607.....

Having the same issue on my Rampage V Edition 10. Where are you finding these new drivers?

Nate152
Hi guys,

I'm using the maximus viii formula and sonic studio II is working fine for me. What works for me is installing the realtek audio driver from the motherboard disc, sonic studio II installs with it.

If you try this be sure to uninstall your current realtek audio driver in programs and features.