cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Gene BIOS settings unreachable

helpsea
Level 7
Hi,

I have a Asus Maximus V Gene board, at this an Windows 7 system was running without problems until to last weekend. At last weekend I have installed windows updates, since this I have the Secure Boot Violation issue.
The issue can actually easy resolve by change the Secure Boot settings in the BIOS. But now I have the problem that I can not reach the BIOS settings. If i push (or ) the screen change
to black/blank. I can see the monitor gets an signal, but the screen has no content. The POST/Splash is normal displayed and the boot of an Ubuntu runs without problems,
only windows is not bootable at the moment, as an result of the Secure Boot issue. If I try to move to BIOS settings the error code display shows the code A2.

Following things I have tested:

• Monitor, port and graphiccard configurations:

• Eizo 2350 / DisplayPort / PCIe graphiccard
    • Eizo 2350 / DisplayPort / Onboard graphiccard
    • Eizo 2350 / DVI / PCIe graphiccard
    • Panasonic-TV / HDMI / Onboard graphiccard
    • Panasonic-TV / HDMI / PCIe graphiccard
    • Eizo 19" / DVI / PCIe graphiccard
    • Dell 20" / DVI / PCIe graphiccard
    • Dell 20" / DVI (HDMI converter) / Onboard graphiccard
    • Dell 23" / DVI / PCIe graphiccard
    • Dell 23" / DVI (HDMI converter) / Onboard graphiccard
    • Dell 24" / DVI / PCIe graphiccard
    • Dell 24" / DVI (HDMI converter) / Onboard graphiccard

• All drives removed and only one RAM putted to A2 bank
  • CMOS clear -> After that I get an error on POST for CPU fan, which is normally for default BIOS settings. After the error, the POST prints, I must push to enter the
    BIOS settings for solving the CPU fan error. But after push of I get the blank/black screen again.

If I get the blank/black screen, I have waits minutes for changes but nothing is happens.

The BIOS verion is the current version 1903.

I have readed from an Monitor resolution handshake issue, but I found no configuration of monitor, card and port with positive result.

I have no more ideas for solving, can anyone help me? The guarantee has finished at this march :mad:

Best regards
1 REPLY 1

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi helpsea 🙂 and Welcome to ROG.

Qcode A2, IDE Detect, error code means it's having trouble detecting or reading connected drives.
Disconnect your drives and reboot the system. This should bring you to your Bios.
If it does, exit and save with the default settings. Shut the system down and hook up just the drive you have your OS system on.
Go into Bios and change boot priority to the drive you wish to boot from.

Hope this helps.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]