Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array Pkalle PC Specs
    Pkalle PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI Nvidia GTX970 Gaming
    MonitorAOC G2460PG (Gsync 144hz)
    Storage #1Samsung 950pro m2 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850evo sata 250gb
    CPU CoolerNXZT X60 Kraken
    CaseCorsair Carbide Clear C400
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF4 Edition
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300 Black
    Headset Corsair Void RGB Wireless
    Mouse Pad Qpad XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z560 THX
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear AC1750

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Unhappy Static noise with Maximus Hero VIII using the microphone input

    I have a Maximus Hero VIII motherboard which is rather new.

    Ever since i got the board the microphone input has static on it when i use VoIP programs. The reciever can clearly hear som noise and myself of course when i test it in sound options. I have tried 2 different headsets without any luck. I have tried reformatting windows. I have tried both windows standard driver and the recommended driver from Asus support, which actually states "*Desktop microphone noise reduction optimizations." But nothing helps.

    There is software in the Sonic studio which can "remove" static and as long i don't speak, the statis is gone, but as long as my voice is active the static comes back which is like a bandage on a flesh wound. This is very annoying since i bought this board exactly for the SupremeFX sound system. My old, cheap X79 gigabyte motherboard had zero static on the microphone input.

    Anybody got some advice? Is this just what you can expect from this board or is it faulty?

    I would really love some feedback if anybody got some advice. Thanks.

    //Peter

  2. #2
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array GotKevlar PC Specs
    GotKevlar PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Strix Z370-G Gaming (WiFi AC)
    Processori7-8700K @ 4.4 Ghz
    Memory (part number)F4-3466C16D-32GTZ (2x16) (XMP On)
    Graphics Card #1ZT-P10800H-10P
    Sound CardSupremeFX 8-Channel HDA CODEC S1220A
    MonitorSamsung 55" Curved
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 970 EVO 250G NVMe M.2
    Storage #2Intel 660p Series M.2 SSDPEKNW020T8X1
    CPU CoolerNZXT RL-KRX42-02
    CaseTT Level 20 VT
    Power SupplyPS-TPG-0850FPCPUS-P
    Keyboard SteelSeries MERC Stealth
    Mouse R2 Omnimouse
    Headset SteelSeries H Wireless
    Mouse Pad KILLENFLOR DECK
    Headset/Speakers Yamaha SR-300
    OS Win 10 Pro X64 1803 (os build 17134.345)
    Network RouterUbiquiti USGv3
    Accessory #1 (1) ThermalTake 200 mm Fan
    GotKevlar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    75

    Quote Originally Posted by Pkalle View Post
    I have a Maximus Hero VIII motherboard which is rather new.

    Ever since i got the board the microphone input has static on it when i use VoIP programs. The reciever can clearly hear som noise and myself of course when i test it in sound options. I have tried 2 different headsets without any luck. I have tried reformatting windows. I have tried both windows standard driver and the recommended driver from Asus support, which actually states "*Desktop microphone noise reduction optimizations." But nothing helps.

    There is software in the Sonic studio which can "remove" static and as long i don't speak, the statis is gone, but as long as my voice is active the static comes back which is like a bandage on a flesh wound. This is very annoying since i bought this board exactly for the SupremeFX sound system. My old, cheap X79 gigabyte motherboard had zero static on the microphone input.

    Anybody got some advice? Is this just what you can expect from this board or is it faulty?

    I would really love some feedback if anybody got some advice. Thanks.

    //Peter
    do you by any chance have the front usb/audio header plugged into the MB ?

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array Pkalle PC Specs
    Pkalle PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI Nvidia GTX970 Gaming
    MonitorAOC G2460PG (Gsync 144hz)
    Storage #1Samsung 950pro m2 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850evo sata 250gb
    CPU CoolerNXZT X60 Kraken
    CaseCorsair Carbide Clear C400
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF4 Edition
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300 Black
    Headset Corsair Void RGB Wireless
    Mouse Pad Qpad XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z560 THX
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear AC1750

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by GotKevlar View Post
    do you by any chance have the front usb/audio header plugged into the MB ?
    Yes i have both USB 3.0 and audio header plugged in. I have a Corsair Carbide Clear 400C.

    But i have tried both using board connectors and the audio header plugs in the top of the tower.

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    21

    I have the same problem and I think everyone does. Tried several different mics/headsets with same ****ty sound quality in the mic input. I also chose this board because it got praised to the skies for the high sound quality. But it has the absolute worst mic input I have ever heard from all my PC's and I have had a lot of them.
    I have resorted to using the mic input on my G430 USB dongle and we all know how crap that is, so that says something about Asus quality.

    I can't even use the Sonic Studio software now after I have updated my Win10 to the anniversary update. It won't open up now.

    GG Asus.

  5. #5
    ROG Member Array Pkalle PC Specs
    Pkalle PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VIII Hero
    ProcessorIntel I7-6700K
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2A2400C16
    Graphics Card #1MSI Nvidia GTX970 Gaming
    MonitorAOC G2460PG (Gsync 144hz)
    Storage #1Samsung 950pro m2 256GB
    Storage #2Samsung 850evo sata 250gb
    CPU CoolerNXZT X60 Kraken
    CaseCorsair Carbide Clear C400
    Power SupplyCorsair RM750x
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF4 Edition
    Mouse Steelseries Rival 300 Black
    Headset Corsair Void RGB Wireless
    Mouse Pad Qpad XL
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z560 THX
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterNetgear AC1750

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by scarystuff View Post
    I can't even use the Sonic Studio software now after I have updated my Win10 to the anniversary update. It won't open up now.
    I just updated also and i cannot install the driver at all. Every time it wants to reboot after i installed it, it reinstalls it by itself after reboot. And so it continues until i cancel it. Then the driver is only installed like 50%. And the software doesn't work.

    I feel like this board should be pulled back by Asus. This is not acceptable.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •