cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static noise with Maximus Hero VIII using the microphone input

Pkalle
Level 7
I have a Maximus Hero VIII motherboard which is rather new.

Ever since i got the board the microphone input has static on it when i use VoIP programs. The reciever can clearly hear som noise and myself of course when i test it in sound options. I have tried 2 different headsets without any luck. I have tried reformatting windows. I have tried both windows standard driver and the recommended driver from Asus support, which actually states "*Desktop microphone noise reduction optimizations." But nothing helps.

There is software in the Sonic studio which can "remove" static and as long i don't speak, the statis is gone, but as long as my voice is active the static comes back which is like a bandage on a flesh wound. This is very annoying since i bought this board exactly for the SupremeFX sound system. My old, cheap X79 gigabyte motherboard had zero static on the microphone input.

Anybody got some advice? Is this just what you can expect from this board or is it faulty?

I would really love some feedback if anybody got some advice. Thanks.

//Peter
4 REPLIES 4

GotKevlar
Level 7
Pkalle wrote:
I have a Maximus Hero VIII motherboard which is rather new.

Ever since i got the board the microphone input has static on it when i use VoIP programs. The reciever can clearly hear som noise and myself of course when i test it in sound options. I have tried 2 different headsets without any luck. I have tried reformatting windows. I have tried both windows standard driver and the recommended driver from Asus support, which actually states "*Desktop microphone noise reduction optimizations." But nothing helps.

There is software in the Sonic studio which can "remove" static and as long i don't speak, the statis is gone, but as long as my voice is active the static comes back which is like a bandage on a flesh wound. This is very annoying since i bought this board exactly for the SupremeFX sound system. My old, cheap X79 gigabyte motherboard had zero static on the microphone input.

Anybody got some advice? Is this just what you can expect from this board or is it faulty?

I would really love some feedback if anybody got some advice. Thanks.

//Peter

do you by any chance have the front usb/audio header plugged into the MB ?

GotKevlar wrote:
do you by any chance have the front usb/audio header plugged into the MB ?

Yes i have both USB 3.0 and audio header plugged in. I have a Corsair Carbide Clear 400C.

But i have tried both using board connectors and the audio header plugs in the top of the tower.

scarystuff
Level 7
I have the same problem and I think everyone does. Tried several different mics/headsets with same ****ty sound quality in the mic input. I also chose this board because it got praised to the skies for the high sound quality. But it has the absolute worst mic input I have ever heard from all my PC's and I have had a lot of them.
I have resorted to using the mic input on my G430 USB dongle and we all know how crap that is, so that says something about Asus quality.

I can't even use the Sonic Studio software now after I have updated my Win10 to the anniversary update. It won't open up now.

GG Asus.

scarystuff wrote:
I can't even use the Sonic Studio software now after I have updated my Win10 to the anniversary update. It won't open up now.

I just updated also and i cannot install the driver at all. Every time it wants to reboot after i installed it, it reinstalls it by itself after reboot. And so it continues until i cancel it. Then the driver is only installed like 50%. And the software doesn't work.

I feel like this board should be pulled back by Asus. This is not acceptable.