cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 "Anniversary Update" breaks Xonar U7

sgrundy
Level 7
Just installed the new Windows 10 update (1607 | 14393.10) and my Xonar U7 isn't recognized anymore. Tried reinstalling drivers but the Xonar software says it "can't find any device." Maybe a driver update will come soon but just checking if anyone else has the same problem and/or has a workaround.

**EDIT**

Well I got it working by plugging it into an external USB hub. All the USB ports on my mobo (Intel and Asmedia controlled) refuse to work with it after the update. Go figure.
7 REPLIES 7

Florin
Level 7
The Phoebus gets "bricked" also with anniversary update. I can no longer install the Dolby Home Theater driver version and as i can see on ASUS`s site the WIn 10 drivers are still a beta mess with no support for Dolby anymore (a feature that i wanted when i bought the card)
Guess it`s time to sell it and go to another manufacturer.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Sneeky
Level 7
i am on insider win10 1607 and all worrking for me , 4.26 win 10 beta

Sneeky wrote:
i am on insider win10 1607 and all worrking for me , 4.26 win 10 beta
Possibly an issue with the X79 chipset on my board, maybe it'll work itself out over time.

I seem to be having issues too on this front!
Since the update my sound works fine but the update seems to have uninstalled Dolby Home Theatre
I only have the Rog Xonar Phoebus software that is basically a volume level.
How can i get the dolby home theatre back ?
or any decent software that controls a graphic equaliser ?
I mean that was the sole reason for buying a nice sound card for control
but since the windows update it have basically rendered it useless.
May as well be using the on board audio interface.
Not Happy!!!

Any one else having same issue or has anyone found the solution?
It did this when I first installed Windows 10 but on Asus website if I remember right it was just there to Download
Now all I find are BETA versions of the drivers????

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated
Thank you in advance

sgrundy
Level 7
I re-installed the Asmedia USB eXtensible host controller drivers for my board and that fixed the Xonar problem for me. I ended up having to re-install a lot of system drivers after this update. And my system still runs like garbage, constantly freezing / stuttering when playing games or dragging windows around the screen. I wiped my raid and did a clean install from ISO and the performance problems are still there, I had to ditch my Bitdefender Antivirus and switch back to Kaspersky becuase the system would just freeze completely after 5 minutes from boot. M$ screwed this one up bad, tracking the Reddit thread about this but so far nothing has solved these performance issues.

skouras
Level 7
ok guys for those with ASUS PHOBEUS CARDS please install driver 4.26 it works great with the new update keep in mind that this driver is not available from the official site so you have to google it...Dolby Home Theater is also working here without any problem...
grab it from here:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/Asus/ASUS-ROG-Xonar-Phoebus-Audio-Driver-426-Beta-for-Wi...