Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

I've also noticed that my Supreme FX front panel is extremely hot when I touch the front panel ... I think a 6 Pin PCI-E connector is far too much power input for it to handle maybe?

Actually the overheating may have been my fault, I had accidentally left the plastic over one on the sides, now its already cooler after removing it, but theres still no audio from either headphone port.

Im using my Aurvana Platinum headset in bluetooth mode in the mean time, but it doesnt sound as good as wired mode would.
    Last edited by bhavvv; 08-10-2016 at 03:54 AM.

ROG Member Array

UPDATE: Happy ten-year anniversary ASUS!!! Can't even get sound right. Maybe you should have just forgot about the DAC and gave us an STX II instead.

If this is a celebration, I'd hate to see when stuff goes wrong!!!

ROG Member Array AngryAce PC Specs
    AngryAce PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Sager 9170
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i9-9900-K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 3200mhz SE Blackout
    Graphics Card #1eVGA GTX 1080Ti HydroCopper SC2
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG 34" Ultra-Wide
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket 2TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair XC7
    CaseLian Li Dynamic
    Power SupplyeVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Hyperflux
    Headset Sennheiser Game One
    Mouse Pad Razer Hyperflux
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by p.meyer@live.com View Post
    Thank you for creating this post. I did the first boot on this board yesterday and it has some serious quirks. I'll post in the other feedback thread about the issues outside of the Supreme FX Hi-Fi box, as I think this needs it's own thread and I don't want to muddy the waters here.

My setup so that we have a point of reference:
    Sennheiser PC360 plugged into DAC
    Klipsch 2.1 ProMedias plugged into the rear audio out port
    Rampage V Edition 10 (Obviously, heh)
    Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

I installed both audio drivers. I don't think it makes sense to "hide" the drivers for this DAC under utilities. I think that is very counter-intuitive. This should be part of the audio section. The software includes a driver which is required for this thing to work. The sound from my speakers worked prior to installing any drivers, no audio from the DAC before or after. I told it to auto-sense the impedance for my headphones, which it found at 72ohms (medium).

I'd like to mention up front that I'm coming from the Asus Xonar Essence STX. I love that card - it works great and the software is simple to use. Select your impedance, turn on hi-fi, and leave the rest alone. Also, the simple ability to bypass Windows and switch between audio devices (speakers vs headphones) may very well be the reason I switch back. It's suspiciously missing from this BRAND NEW SOFTWARE.

Turns out, after installing the update, I just needed to turn the audio way up to hear anything out of my headphones. 70% in the software minimum to hear anything. This is just silly. Now I have to change the volume every time I swap between devices. Not a fan of that.

I haven't done extensive testing on how well music is going to sound. I played a couple games for a little over an hour and it sounded good. I'm hesitant though, because it feels as though this was thrown together without a lot of testing or polish. I have always been happy with ASUS products, and I was excited to get this board, but it's already driving me batty. For $600, I didn't expect to see the word BETA on the drivers page for a large selling point for this motherboard. Why not use the existing Xonar Essence experience that is very mature?
    I have the exact same headphones as you, love them except the onboard sound solutions cannot drive them. The SupremeFX HiFi does a great job in that department, slightly better than my X-Fi Titanium Pro. I have only listened to music on it as I am bench testing still. How did the surround and spatial positioning sound in the games you played?

I think I will stay away from the Windows Anniversary Update until they have released a new driver although I am still not sure how I am going to incorporate it into my new rig as the new case does not have a 5.25" bay, I'm going to have to set it up as an external device it would appear.......

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAce View Post
    I have the exact same headphones as you, love them except the onboard sound solutions cannot drive them. The SupremeFX HiFi does a great job in that department, slightly better than my X-Fi Titanium Pro. I have only listened to music on it as I am bench testing still. How did the surround and spatial positioning sound in the games you played?

I think I will stay away from the Windows Anniversary Update until they have released a new driver although I am still not sure how I am going to incorporate it into my new rig as the new case does not have a 5.25" bay, I'm going to have to set it up as an external device it would appear.......

Sadly I was never able to get the DAC working. My headphones were extremely quiet when it was "functioning" and now with the Anniversary Update it doesn't work at all. If this doesn't change soon, I'm just going to throw my STX back in and call it a day. That thing works like charm. ASUS is really blowing my mind with this "flagship" board. Honestly, I'd like for them to release a functioning driver to begin with. Pathetic.

ROG Member Array AngryAce PC Specs
    AngryAce PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Sager 9170
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Formula
    ProcessorIntel i9-9900-K
    Memory (part number)Corsair 3200mhz SE Blackout
    Graphics Card #1eVGA GTX 1080Ti HydroCopper SC2
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG 34" Ultra-Wide
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket 2TB NVME
    CPU CoolerCorsair XC7
    CaseLian Li Dynamic
    Power SupplyeVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
    Mouse Razer Mamba Hyperflux
    Headset Sennheiser Game One
    Mouse Pad Razer Hyperflux
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64

Quote Originally Posted by p.meyer@live.com View Post
    Sadly I was never able to get the DAC working. My headphones were extremely quiet when it was "functioning" and now with the Anniversary Update it doesn't work at all. If this doesn't change soon, I'm just going to throw my STX back in and call it a day. That thing works like charm. ASUS is really blowing my mind with this "flagship" board. Honestly, I'd like for them to release a functioning driver to begin with. Pathetic.
    I didn't think mine was working at first either, I had to turn the volume up on the DAC quite a bit then it came alive but the mic sounds muffled. Hopefully they are working on better drivers for it but my new case does not have a 5.25" bay so it will take some doing for me to use it.

New ROGer Array

Thumbs up

I'm having the same issues as others in this thread and it's incredibly disappointing and quite frankly infuriating. This is probably the last ASUS product I'll ever buy.

I'm on Windows 7 so no Anniversary Update to worry about but things are equally dismal. Microphone input is nearly silent when cranked to max and completely unusable as a result. Software ( Beta Version 1.9.114.21, dated 9/2/2016) is garbage and crashes frequently. While it detected my headphones reasonably (33 ohms (low) when the specs say 38), almost immediately after I started listening to music the right channel cut out completely. No matter what I do now there is no audio from the right channel. I plugged my headphones back into the Realtek output on the rear and both channels work fine so I don't think it's the headphones.

Clearly these products marketed to gamers are just marketed to suckers and ROG is no exception.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Legolas PC Specs
    Legolas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Hero Wifi AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 8600k oc 5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Samsung DDR4 16GB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS NVIDIA GTX 1080
    MonitorASUS MS246
    Storage #1Samsung MZVPV256
    Storage #2Samsung MZVPV256
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110I v2
    Power SupplyPC 1200W Turbo-Cool 1200
    Keyboard ASUS SK2045

Bummer that the latest one do not work.
    Remove latest SupremeFX
    Just use the old driver
    1.9.114.20&6.0.6001.0
    It works fine and happy!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array startekselva PC Specs
    startekselva PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME EDITION 10
    ProcessorINTEL CORE I7-5830K
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB CMK16GX4M4B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ZOTAC GTX 980Ti AMP EXTREME
    Graphics Card #2ZOTAC GTX 980Ti AMP SLI
    Sound CardASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus&ASUS SPREME Hi-Fi DAC&BURSON AUDIO PLAY&MAYFLOWER ELECRTONICS ARC
    MonitorSAMSUNG S27C750P 27''
    Storage #1Toshiba Q300 Pro 512GB,OCZ VERTEX 4 128 GB
    Storage #2WD CAVIAR BLACK 1TB,Seagate SSHD 2TB
    CPU CoolerCOOLER MASTER TPC 812-NOCTUA NFP12 2X
    CaseCORSAIR GRAPHITE 600T(WITH SIDE PANEL)
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM
    Mouse Logitech G402,502
    Headset beyerdynamic Custom One Pro,Beyerdynamics DT 1770 Pro,Audeze El8 Open Back,Mod Mic 4.0
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS
    Headset/Speakers Creative GigaWorks T3 2.1
    OS windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNETGEAR R7000

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    Bummer that the latest one do not work.
    Remove latest SupremeFX
    Just use the old driver
    1.9.114.20&6.0.6001.0
    It works fine and happy!
    does it works in windows 10 pro 64 bit

ROG Guru: White Belt Array startekselva PC Specs
    startekselva PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME EDITION 10
    ProcessorINTEL CORE I7-5830K
    Memory (part number)CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB CMK16GX4M4B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1ZOTAC GTX 980Ti AMP EXTREME
    Graphics Card #2ZOTAC GTX 980Ti AMP SLI
    Sound CardASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus&ASUS SPREME Hi-Fi DAC&BURSON AUDIO PLAY&MAYFLOWER ELECRTONICS ARC
    MonitorSAMSUNG S27C750P 27''
    Storage #1Toshiba Q300 Pro 512GB,OCZ VERTEX 4 128 GB
    Storage #2WD CAVIAR BLACK 1TB,Seagate SSHD 2TB
    CPU CoolerCOOLER MASTER TPC 812-NOCTUA NFP12 2X
    CaseCORSAIR GRAPHITE 600T(WITH SIDE PANEL)
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000i
    Keyboard CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM
    Mouse Logitech G402,502
    Headset beyerdynamic Custom One Pro,Beyerdynamics DT 1770 Pro,Audeze El8 Open Back,Mod Mic 4.0
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB POLARIS
    Headset/Speakers Creative GigaWorks T3 2.1
    OS windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNETGEAR R7000

NO one is helping what a great engineering ASUS

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(3) SSD's - Samsung 960 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Quote Originally Posted by startekselva View Post
    NO one is helping what a great engineering ASUS
    See your other thread, you must disable Windows driver sig enforcement to install. Posting three times in three different threads is also confusing.
    Last edited by davemon50; 08-12-2017 at 04:33 PM.
    Davemon50

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast