cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX Hi-Fi Beta Feedback Thread

JurunceNK
Level 7
Hello

Recently I found out that you need to download the SupremeFX Hi-Fi software for it to work properly. One thing I looked at before downloading it was that it's in beta. I kindly thought about creating this thread for all the feedback that is needed to make it the best experience for us ROGers to enjoy to its fullest

First's thing's first, the SupremeFX Hi-Fi software doesn't like the Spotify app. I tried to play any song, and the app is telling me that the song is unavailable.

You have to look for the SupremeFX Hi-Fi app under the "utilities" tab for the Asus Rampage V Edition 10 and the Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly.
"Assuming kills" - Anonymous

Intel Core i7-5930K | Custom Loop | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Corsair Dominator SE 4x8GB | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900D
Corsair AX1200i | Windows 10 Pro

23 REPLIES 23

p_meyer
Level 7
Thank you for creating this post. I did the first boot on this board yesterday and it has some serious quirks. I'll post in the other feedback thread about the issues outside of the Supreme FX Hi-Fi box, as I think this needs it's own thread and I don't want to muddy the waters here.

My setup so that we have a point of reference:
Sennheiser PC360 plugged into DAC
Klipsch 2.1 ProMedias plugged into the rear audio out port
Rampage V Edition 10 (Obviously, heh)
Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

I installed both audio drivers. I don't think it makes sense to "hide" the drivers for this DAC under utilities. I think that is very counter-intuitive. This should be part of the audio section. The software includes a driver which is required for this thing to work. The sound from my speakers worked prior to installing any drivers, no audio from the DAC before or after. I told it to auto-sense the impedance for my headphones, which it found at 72ohms (medium).

I'd like to mention up front that I'm coming from the Asus Xonar Essence STX. I love that card - it works great and the software is simple to use. Select your impedance, turn on hi-fi, and leave the rest alone. Also, the simple ability to bypass Windows and switch between audio devices (speakers vs headphones) may very well be the reason I switch back. It's suspiciously missing from this BRAND NEW SOFTWARE.

Turns out, after installing the update, I just needed to turn the audio way up to hear anything out of my headphones. 70% in the software minimum to hear anything. This is just silly. Now I have to change the volume every time I swap between devices. Not a fan of that.

I haven't done extensive testing on how well music is going to sound. I played a couple games for a little over an hour and it sounded good. I'm hesitant though, because it feels as though this was thrown together without a lot of testing or polish. I have always been happy with ASUS products, and I was excited to get this board, but it's already driving me batty. For $600, I didn't expect to see the word BETA on the drivers page for a large selling point for this motherboard. Why not use the existing Xonar Essence experience that is very mature?

p.meyer@live.com wrote:
Thank you for creating this post. I did the first boot on this board yesterday and it has some serious quirks. I'll post in the other feedback thread about the issues outside of the Supreme FX Hi-Fi box, as I think this needs it's own thread and I don't want to muddy the waters here.

My setup so that we have a point of reference:
Sennheiser PC360 plugged into DAC
Klipsch 2.1 ProMedias plugged into the rear audio out port
Rampage V Edition 10 (Obviously, heh)
Windows 10 PRO 64-bit

I installed both audio drivers. I don't think it makes sense to "hide" the drivers for this DAC under utilities. I think that is very counter-intuitive. This should be part of the audio section. The software includes a driver which is required for this thing to work. The sound from my speakers worked prior to installing any drivers, no audio from the DAC before or after. I told it to auto-sense the impedance for my headphones, which it found at 72ohms (medium).

I'd like to mention up front that I'm coming from the Asus Xonar Essence STX. I love that card - it works great and the software is simple to use. Select your impedance, turn on hi-fi, and leave the rest alone. Also, the simple ability to bypass Windows and switch between audio devices (speakers vs headphones) may very well be the reason I switch back. It's suspiciously missing from this BRAND NEW SOFTWARE.

Turns out, after installing the update, I just needed to turn the audio way up to hear anything out of my headphones. 70% in the software minimum to hear anything. This is just silly. Now I have to change the volume every time I swap between devices. Not a fan of that.

I haven't done extensive testing on how well music is going to sound. I played a couple games for a little over an hour and it sounded good. I'm hesitant though, because it feels as though this was thrown together without a lot of testing or polish. I have always been happy with ASUS products, and I was excited to get this board, but it's already driving me batty. For $600, I didn't expect to see the word BETA on the drivers page for a large selling point for this motherboard. Why not use the existing Xonar Essence experience that is very mature?

I have the exact same headphones as you, love them except the onboard sound solutions cannot drive them. The SupremeFX HiFi does a great job in that department, slightly better than my X-Fi Titanium Pro. I have only listened to music on it as I am bench testing still. How did the surround and spatial positioning sound in the games you played?

I think I will stay away from the Windows Anniversary Update until they have released a new driver although I am still not sure how I am going to incorporate it into my new rig as the new case does not have a 5.25" bay, I'm going to have to set it up as an external device it would appear.......

AngryAce wrote:
I have the exact same headphones as you, love them except the onboard sound solutions cannot drive them. The SupremeFX HiFi does a great job in that department, slightly better than my X-Fi Titanium Pro. I have only listened to music on it as I am bench testing still. How did the surround and spatial positioning sound in the games you played?

I think I will stay away from the Windows Anniversary Update until they have released a new driver although I am still not sure how I am going to incorporate it into my new rig as the new case does not have a 5.25" bay, I'm going to have to set it up as an external device it would appear.......

Sadly I was never able to get the DAC working. My headphones were extremely quiet when it was "functioning" and now with the Anniversary Update it doesn't work at all. If this doesn't change soon, I'm just going to throw my STX back in and call it a day. That thing works like charm. ASUS is really blowing my mind with this "flagship" board. Honestly, I'd like for them to release a functioning driver to begin with. Pathetic.

p.meyer@live.com wrote:
Sadly I was never able to get the DAC working. My headphones were extremely quiet when it was "functioning" and now with the Anniversary Update it doesn't work at all. If this doesn't change soon, I'm just going to throw my STX back in and call it a day. That thing works like charm. ASUS is really blowing my mind with this "flagship" board. Honestly, I'd like for them to release a functioning driver to begin with. Pathetic.

I didn't think mine was working at first either, I had to turn the volume up on the DAC quite a bit then it came alive but the mic sounds muffled. Hopefully they are working on better drivers for it but my new case does not have a 5.25" bay so it will take some doing for me to use it.

I'm having the same issues as others in this thread and it's incredibly disappointing and quite frankly infuriating. This is probably the last ASUS product I'll ever buy.

I'm on Windows 7 so no Anniversary Update to worry about but things are equally dismal. Microphone input is nearly silent when cranked to max and completely unusable as a result. Software ( Beta Version 1.9.114.21, dated 9/2/2016) is garbage and crashes frequently. While it detected my headphones reasonably (33 ohms (low) when the specs say 38), almost immediately after I started listening to music the right channel cut out completely. No matter what I do now there is no audio from the right channel. I plugged my headphones back into the Realtek output on the rear and both channels work fine so I don't think it's the headphones.

Clearly these products marketed to gamers are just marketed to suckers and ROG is no exception.

Chino
Level 15
I'm using the latest driver for the SupremeFX Hi-Fi DAC on the R5E10 and Spotify has no problem playing my songs.

And now I'm being told that my voice sounds muffled. Perfect. Turns out a card from 3 years ago outperforms the latest and greatest.

The software was running fine up until I installed the Windows 10 anniversary update.

I was unable to open the software's user interface, tried to uninstall and reinstall but still the same.

When I click on the software's icon, it will prompt me to select the output jack type, 6.3mm or 3.5mm but nothing happens after selecting my option.

Now I can't use my headphones.

Edit: I'm using ASUS Rampage V Edition 10

I have issues with the mic input on this dac.
I use modmic (but have tried others with same results) and the level I get is way too low.
Levels turned to max and I just barely get the meter light up the first "led" in recording devices properties.
So this mic input is useless atm.