cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rampage V extreme not posting, showing error "00" after windows 10 anniversary

ilgeek
Level 7
Hi guys, as the title says I'm in a really weird problem with my system and at this point I don't know if my motherboard is dead or my CPU is dead.

Everything starts yesterday when I was trying to install the anniversary patch for windows 10, after downloading the patch the computer restarts to begin with the installation process, after a few minutes the computer restarts showing me bios screen showing me an error with the overclock, then I tried to restar with the factory settings for the motherboard, after that the motherboard show me the "00" error, the CPU led it's illuminated and the PCIE 4 Led it's flashing nonstop.

After that I referred myself to the manual, this "00" as far I can understand with my really limited knowledge means that for some reason the CPU it's not been recognised by the motherboard, I try a few solutions myself after a few minutes on google, this is a list of all the things I was able to try:

• Clear the Cmos
• Switch between bios chips
• Switch to "slow mode"
• change the LN2 jumper position
• removing the battery
• Unistall and re install the CPU
• Trying with only one ram stick at a time

At this moment I don't have any more solutions, nor idea of what it's wrong with the system, I don't like to use the word desperate, but I really don't know if the entire system it's broken

I was running the system for a whole year rock solid since I installed all the water-cooling parts.

Any advice would be most welcome.

My system specs:

CPU: Intel i7 5930K OC 4.4 ghz
MOBO: Asus rampage V extreme
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2600Mgz 16GB
Video cards: 2X SLI Gigabyte 980Ti G1 OC 1400 ghz
PSU: EVGA Super nova 1000w

The CPU and the GPUs are water-cooled with EK parts the temperatures are optimal for the system, the CPU temperatures are between the 45C - 50C under load
the GPU's temperatures are between the 40C - 50C
1 REPLY 1

MeanMachine
Level 13
Unfortunately Qcode 00 can be one of many things.
First make sure all cables and connections to the MB are secured and populated including 24pin,8pin, and 4pin if available.

I noticed you have re-seated your CPU and trust you re-applied your TIM correctly and did not over-tighten the cooler bracket. Try easing them off slightly.

If Qcode 00 continues, then you will have to Benchtest outside your case as there may be a short to the MB standoffs.
When in Benchtest mode, Just have power to the MB in minimalist state. Power up the system and check your Qcode led.
Progressively add hardware components one at a time and check the Qcode each time as you add hardware. Report the Qcode if not sure.
The Qcode will identify the culprit or hopefully you will get to Qcode AA or AC indicating your system has transitioned to ACPI and ready to hand over to your OS.

I know it's a pain in the proverbial, however its the only real solution with Qcode 00.

BTW: Do not have your slow mode switch on and put the LN2 jumper back. This will not work.

Please report back.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]