cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strip of pixel glitch

GreatTice
Level 7
Hello!

I bought a PG79Q monitor and this is the third one so far with an annoying screen glitch. Randomly, when switching between applications (using alt-tab), a strip of pixel content from the right side of the screen is replaced by an equal-sized strip of content on the middle of the screen. It's not static, so if I say put my cursor in the middle of the screen (in the "strip"), it would show up on the right side of the screen.
Since it is the third monitor with this problem I believe that it's not the monitor that's causing it, but I'm not certain. Has anybody had this problem before? Any solution?
2 REPLIES 2

izzyreb02
Level 9
I believe your issue is the same one from the "Asus Support Please help me with my PG279Q" Thread. Apparently the monitor would need a firmware update (that you would need to send your monitor in), which soon Asus will announce very soon on that.

izzyreb02 wrote:
I believe your issue is the same one from the "Asus Support Please help me with my PG279Q" Thread. Apparently the monitor would need a firmware update (that you would need to send your monitor in), which soon Asus will announce very soon on that.

Yep! Spot on actually. Thank you!