cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I put a new Pascal Titan X in this?

Mr_X
Level 7
My system:
ASUS G11 Gaming PC (Intel Core i7-6700/2TB HDD+256GB SSD/16GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 Graphics

Can I replace the 980 with the new Titan?

Will it fit? Will the power work?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Mr_X

Welcome to the ROG forum !

It should fit, I'm not sure what psu is in your pc but you'll want a minimum of a 600w psu with one 6-pin and one 8-pin pcie power cables.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Mr_X

Welcome to the ROG forum !

It should fit, I'm not sure what psu is in your pc but you'll want a minimum of a 600w psu with one 6-pin and one 8-pin pcie power cables.

That's encouraging! Does have any PSU recommendations that would work for this type of case?

kkn
Level 14

take a look at this before eventualy getting a "titan".
i would go for the 1080 or the 1080TI when that comes out.

kkn wrote:

take a look at this before eventualy getting a "titan".
i would go for the 1080 or the 1080TI when that comes out.

I appreciate your thoughts. I have been closely following the reviews and nvidia Reddit.

My reasons are:
1) want to avoid SLI because VR is my main interest (yes I know that the relatively higher stock clock of the 1080 is preferable at lower resolutions of VR but overall the Titan will still be 25% faster in VR). Super sampling scales with hardware.
2) I think that a Titan is more future proof. Yes you can always sell a lesser card and buy the latest and greatest but there is a hassle factor and you cannot predict the 1080 Ti or some other cards release. The Titan may rule for quite some while. Many believe the 1080 Ti will only appear once there is an AMD challenger. Though it may sound silly, I find it easier to sell to myself and others a single expensive card than multiple small humps year after year. I would rather buy a 911 and hold onto it for five years than swap out Mustangs every year.

But you're absolutely correct - the Titan is not a value proposition nor a panacea.

Wrt the PSU - I'm considering the Corsair Ax 760. Just hoping it will fit.