cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted G751JY restore partition and windows wont boot

TeMagic
Level 7
As the title says G751JY - what do I do?
Conspiracy is nothing!
6 REPLIES 6

alexgontijo
Level 7
Hello!

I think you need a big time help.

You will need another computer to download a software to check your partitions, maybe your Windows partition had lost the status of boot partition. I have used a software called 'Partition Magic', which can create/modify partitions quickly, and you can create a usb-boot stick.

In case you have lost everything, I recommend doing a clean install according this guide: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?76993-Guide-How-to-install-windows-8-8-1-10-The-proper-way...

Best,

Alex

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well If you haven't installed the August Update for windows 10, download it from MCT Media Creation tool and boot it UEFI from Boot menu, this should repair your boot sector. If your still on windows 8 you'll need to do a repair install that should also fix your boot sector. Alex linked you to a good install thread, where he shows you the proper partitions and locations and sizes you may have to recreate these partition for the Repair or upgrade install can work.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Gps3dx
Level 12
Don't waste your time on restoration, as you should recreate that partition through the use of windows installation disk/usb.
get a copy of your windows installation disk ( ISO file ), create a bootable USB for YOUR TYPE OF WINDOWS INSTALLATION ( MBR, CSM ON = BIOS / legacy boot, GPT, CSM OFF = UEFI boot ).
please see my dig for guides about windows installation so that you can read how to make and how to boot an appropriate installation USB of windows.

when you've boot into windows installation environment, don't press "install now" but rather press "repair your computer" then you got an option to fix boot issues.
you might need to perform that fix 2-3 times, as i've seen cases one time isn't enough.
finally,you might need to enter command promt from on of the other menus on the "repair your computer" environment, and type:
c:
bootsec /rebuildbcd
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

First, make a bootable media on another working computer to boot your failed machine up. Then, repair like what Gps said.

Thank you all for the assistance.
Conspiracy is nothing!

warryabel
Level 7
how did you delete the restorepartition?