cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xsplit Gamecaster Guide

Nate152
Hi everyone !

If you've recently purchased a Strix GTX 1060/1070/1080, Asus gives you a nice bonus with a full free year of Xsplit Gamecaster, so what is Xsplit Gamecaster? It's a neat little tool to stream and record your videos to show off your amazing gameplay to us and your friends. You can install Xsplit Gamecaster from the Strix dvd or you can install it from the Xsplit website.

Click download under Xsplit Gamecaster and create an account.

https://www.xsplit.com/

To get your free year of Xsplit Gamecaster you'll need the PPID number and serial number, if you didn't install your gpu yet great, if you did you'll have to remove it from the motherboard to get the PPID number. The PPID number is the first set of numbers on a little white sticker just above the pcie x16 connector, the serial number is on the Strix box.

Once you get the PPID number and serial number go here below, at the bottom of the page in blue follow the steps for the "1-Year Premium License Redemption", you will be presented with a license key and an email will also be sent to you with the key.

Click Redeem Now !

http://www.asus.com/event/2015/VGA/XSPLIT/index.aspx

Now that you've got the key, open up Xsplit Gamecaster and click the little arrow to the right of your email/log in name and click "Redeem gift certificate".

You will be presented with the gift certificate redemption page, enter your key and click continue.

You should then see your Premium License good for 1 year + 2 weeks. ( Xsplit gives you two weeks of premium service when you install Gamecaster )

Live Streaming - You can choose between sites you want to stream to and I chose YouTube since I already have an account, if you don't have a YouTube account it's easy to create one through Google then go to YouTube and sign in.

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?hl=en

With Xsplit Gamecaster open click the settings tab, under GAME CAPTURE you see stream settings. Click the gear to the far right of stream settings, here you can select what settings you want it to stream.

For the best quality set:

RESOLUTION - 1440p Quad HD
CODEC - x264 (uses cpu)
FRAMERATE - 60
BITRATE - Automatic, Constant

Then click close.

Now click on the Accounts tab, under "Live Streaming" click the little arrow to the far right and a list of sites come up you can stream to, select YouTube Live. It may ask you to verify your account, all you'll have to do is enter your phone number, an automated person will call you immediately with a 6-digit number, enter it and continue.

With Xsplit Gamecaster open start a game, once your game loads hit CTRL+TAB to bring up the overlay and click Stream.

Then click START BROADCAST, you are now Live Streaming to YouTube.

Once you're done streaming go to your YouTube account, it will automatically save and process what you've streamed, click on video manager and it will show this. Wait until it's done processing then click publish , the higher the resolution and the longer your gameplay the longer it will take to process.

Here's the gameplay video that was streamed.

Recording - Click on the settings tab, beside RECORD SETTINGS click the gear to the far right.

For the best quality set:

RESOLUTION - 1440p Quad HD
CODEC - x264 (uses cpu)
FRAMERATE - 60
Quality - Ultra High

Then click close.

With Xsplit Gamecaster open start a game, once it's loaded hit CTRL+TAB to bring up the overlay and click Record, gameplay is recorded to your ssd/hdd.

once you recorded what you want close the game and Xsplit will ask you if you wish to stop recording now, click yes and go to the Recordings tab. Right click on your video and click "Optimize For Web".

When it's finished it will say "moov fix succeeded".

To upload your gameplay video go to YouTube, on the upper right corner click Upload.

10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Click the big arrow in the center of the page then on the left click This PC, Local Disc ( C: ), Users, your name, videos, Xsplit videos, your video, it will be put by file name then click open. I suggest doing it this way because sometimes drag and drop doesn't work.

Your video is now uploading to YouTube, when it's finished processing click publish.

Here is the recorded video.

Xsplit has its own little on screen display to see frames per second, cpu load and running time. With GPU Tweak installed you can see gpu clock speed, Vram usage and gpu temperature, you can see these while streaming or recording but doesn't show on playback.

To enable the on screen display click the settings tab and scroll down to the Status Bar, put a checkmark beside all of them. To the right you can choose where you want the on screen display displayed I have it set to the upper left corner of the screen.

To take a screenshot you'll have to set a hotkey, you can use any key you want except for your normal gameplay keys. Click settings and scroll down to Hotkeys, click the box to the right of "Screenshot (Capture)", highlight it and hit what key you want for a screenshot, I chose the home key.

When you're in game hit the hotkey you chose, it will tell you a screenshot was saved in your Xsplit screenshot folder located in your pictures.

Notes:
1) To stream in high resolution an i7 cpu is preferred but an i5 should suffice.
2) To get 1440p playback install google chrome and use it.
3) Run time is only shown with streaming.
4) Once you've uploaded your recorded video to YouTube you can delete it from your ssd/hdd to free up space, you can view it on YouTube and upload it from there to here.

We would like to see your recorded gameplay videos so post all the videos you want, if you have any questions please ask.

Bahz
Level 12
Nate, thank you for this extremely detailed guide. I used xsplit once before but I learned a lot more after reading through this guide.

AKBAAR
Level 9
omg Nate, Thank you so much man ! REP+++++++++++++

So i got the MSI GTX 1080 and got free 1 year subscription for gamecaster and I immediately found you Nate! this gonna be FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Nate152
Cool thanks for the rep, please post some videos when you get some made. 🙂

The guide is for Strix gpu's so getting the free year through MSI may be a little different.

Nate152 wrote:
Cool thanks for the rep, please post some videos when you get some made. 🙂

The guide is for Strix gpu's so getting the free year through MSI may be a little different.

Nate, So i am trying to Stream on Twitch but am getting so many Drops in the stream and so much buffering.
do you have any advice for me how to do settings properly?

https://www.twitch.tv/akbaar

Nate152
What is your internet speed?

I have 90mb/s

I tried Twitch, I was streaming fine there too. You can only stream, you can't upload recorded vidoes to Twitch.

Nate152 wrote:
What is your internet speed?

I have 90mb/s

I tried Twitch, I was streaming fine there too. You can only stream, you can't upload recorded vidoes to Twitch.

10mb/s upload

i just need optimal settings, and would luv to stream 1440p or more

Nate152 wrote:
What is your download speed?

oh lol its 50mb/s

https://www.twitch.tv/akbaar/v/83599653

look at this, I put 1440p but it reverts back to 540p !
so much downgrade i dont know why