cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raidr - just crashed

Jomsdk
Level 7
Hey

Must say this is the first time i've had an SSD crash and even a ROG RAIDR, thought you used the best components? or are you new to storage devices?

Here is what happened.

Got home from work and started my PC and it wouldnt load the OS, after a while it came out with a disk error on the raid setup so it seems like the raidr couldnt dectect the SSD.

So i turned of the PC, took out the RAIDR card and there was nothing. Turned the pc on without RAIDR and no problem. Put the RAIDR card in again and it died.

So any one else had this problem, or have a good solution, or is the card just fked and i wasted so much money on some ROG experiment Harddrive?

Regards

Jimmy
6 REPLIES 6

Bahz
Level 12
How long have you've been using this drive for? Have you recently upgraded your OS or changed any other hardware in your system?

Bahz wrote:
How long have you've been using this drive for? Have you recently upgraded your OS or changed any other hardware in your system?

Been using it for 2 years and running windows 10.

I only run with ROG and and corsair hardware.
MB is ROG Formula 6

Everything is watercooled so theres no heat inside my case. (2*480 and 1*240) and there is no dust or anything inside that could ruin the hardware so im baffeled by this.

Bahz
Level 12
If you have another system you can plug it into another system and run CHKDSK or any other disk diagnostic tool on the drive to see if there are any issues. Of course need to see if it's even detected inside disk management. If the disk isn't even detected then the drive is defective and will require replacement and there's little that can be done. All flash based drives have the same risk and can die anytime so it good to either back up files on a regular basis or mirror the drives.

Gonna grab a new motherboard and test it, will write back when its done.

Hey

Just tested with a new motherboard. used crtl+m so i got into the raidr setup and one of the disks were offline, so tried to remove the disk and rebuild it but it won't detect one of the disks so i cannot rebuild the raid.

So i think its faulty hardware that caused it to crash.

Bahz
Level 12
Sorry to hear about that but you'll need to send it back for RMA, I guess that's the only option available.