cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon UK recalls and stops selling PG279Q

stefan321
Level 7
Hoping to post on here as I have just went through 3 PG279Q monitors, model dates March/March/Jan.

As the present issues are already posted here, mine being subject to them (dead pixel and excessive BLB in corners) I tried to get the 'lucky one' from amazon and
of course had no success.

As a result, after returning my three monitors to Amazon, they explained to me that their support department had been getting a large amount of returns on this particular item
and the IPS gaming monitors in general (Acer models too).

Now Amazon UK are no longer going to offer or sell the PG279Q due to its prevalent issues.

What do you have to say about this ASUS? The market has spoken, when are you going to get better panels and fix this?

I'd pay 100 pounds more, just for the darn thing to work.
3 REPLIES 3

coyi1895
Level 10
Just wondering. Why don't you shop from places such as Scan, Overclockers and so on instead of Amazon for monitors and computer parts? I got the Asus Swift PG279Q from Scan and I have no issues whatsoever. The packaging are better with loads of bubble-wrapping and delivered by DPD which is my choice for deliveries. I tend to avoid buying from Amazon.

coyi1895 wrote:
Just wondering. Why don't you shop from places such as Scan, Overclockers and so on instead of Amazon for monitors and computer parts? I got the Asus Swift PG279Q from Scan and I have no issues whatsoever. The packaging are better with loads of bubble-wrapping and delivered by DPD which is my choice for deliveries. I tend to avoid buying from Amazon.

Amazon actually have vastly better RMA support than other E tailers in the UK. Also monitors come pre packaged with enough protection already in the box, even my monitors from OCUK do not come with any additional packaging other than the monitor box itself, so this isnt an issue with packaging.

Bahz
Level 12
Stefan I'm not sure where you heard that the PG279Q has stopped selling on Amazon, that's not true and Amazon has never released any statement regarding that or any kind of recall.

The monitors are still selling on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PG279Q-27-inch-G-Sync-Gaming-monitor/dp/B0168W2524/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1...

Please don't post any false reports without merit