Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Question PG279Q - Not saving settings and factory menu

    Hi everyone.

    Two days ago everything was fine with my unit, but something wierd started to happen after night when computer was powered off. (monitor is always plugged to APC UPS and in standby mode)

    Now my monitor is not saving any settings at all, do not go into standby mode (after swich off the computer, monitor goes into test mode - blinking with different colors)
    Another wierd thing is that when pressing button below the red one, factory mode menu is showing on the left upper side of the screen.

    If someone has any idea how to restore its normal funcionality please help me.
    I hope I will not have to send it to the service , because I am happy with the unit i've got.

    Sorry for my english and thank you in advance for any help.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20160808_071416_HDR.jpg  

    20160808_071421.jpg  


  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    219

    Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    Hi everyone.

    Two days ago everything was fine with my unit, but something wierd started to happen after night when computer was powered off. (monitor is always plugged to APC UPS and in standby mode)

    Now my monitor is not saving any settings at all, do not go into standby mode (after swich off the computer, monitor goes into test mode - blinking with different colors)
    Another wierd thing is that when pressing button below the red one, factory mode menu is showing on the left upper side of the screen.

    If someone has any idea how to restore its normal funcionality please help me.
    I hope I will not have to send it to the service , because I am happy with the unit i've got.

    Sorry for my english and thank you in advance for any help.
    Best to call Asus service and ask them how to return it to normal function. most likely its a combination of buttons your need to press/hold down when turning it on to put it back to normal mode.
    I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by maninblack View Post
    Hi everyone.

    Two days ago everything was fine with my unit, but something wierd started to happen after night when computer was powered off. (monitor is always plugged to APC UPS and in standby mode)

    Now my monitor is not saving any settings at all, do not go into standby mode (after swich off the computer, monitor goes into test mode - blinking with different colors)
    Another wierd thing is that when pressing button below the red one, factory mode menu is showing on the left upper side of the screen.

    If someone has any idea how to restore its normal funcionality please help me.
    I hope I will not have to send it to the service , because I am happy with the unit i've got.

    Sorry for my english and thank you in advance for any help.
    Hi There,

    Did you find a solution to this?
    I have the exact same problem.

  4. #4
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by NA1D00 View Post
    Hi There,

    Did you find a solution to this?
    I have the exact same problem.
    I have the exact same problem. When the monitor sleeps, it goes into burn in pattern mode (blinking red, green, blue, white, etc).

    I can access the factory menu via the X-button and there I can see that burn in pattern is enabled. If i uncheck it it stays unchecked until the monitor goes to sleep, at which point it starts the burn in pattern again.

    Does anyone have a solution for this?

    Edit: also the light in motion selector comes up after waking from standby/sleep mode.

    I thought this came after installing the latest nvidia drivers, but now i'm not so sure since i see others have the same issue. I don't think i've updated any settings other than that.
    Last edited by ondast; 02-12-2017 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added info about light in motion

  5. #5
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I have same issue here with this monitor, cannot save any settings so impossible to have 165hz...

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by ondast View Post
    I have the exact same problem. When the monitor sleeps, it goes into burn in pattern mode (blinking red, green, blue, white, etc).

    I can access the factory menu via the X-button and there I can see that burn in pattern is enabled. If i uncheck it it stays unchecked until the monitor goes to sleep, at which point it starts the burn in pattern again.

    Does anyone have a solution for this?

    Edit: also the light in motion selector comes up after waking from standby/sleep mode.

    I thought this came after installing the latest nvidia drivers, but now i'm not so sure since i see others have the same issue. I don't think i've updated any settings other than that.
    The retailer said it was an unrepairable fault. They offered me a full refund because they did not have any more stock. Got another unit from a different retailer. All working fine for now but I have my fingers crossed, looking at how many others are starting to experience the same problem.

    If you have the same problem and it’s still under warranty I recommend sending it back for a replacement or refund.

  7. #7
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Thank you, I spoke to asus support and they asked me to RMA it.

  8. #8
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Same issue with ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q. Happened from nowhere, was fine before.

    Same issue here with a ROG SWIFT PG258Q. The monitor worked fine since summer but around two days ago it started doing weird stuff. On standby it shows blue, green, red and white colors which never ever did. Also, it auto-factory resets on each computer restart or shutdown. Same if I disconnect the cable. HDMI is a nightmare, if I connect an HDMI cable and try to access the menu, the monitor resets. I also have the same menu as you. I am not sure what happened. I really like this monitor. Right now I already contacted ASUS support. I hope they can help me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •