cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG279Q - Not saving settings and factory menu

maninblack
Level 7
Hi everyone.

Two days ago everything was fine with my unit, but something wierd started to happen after night when computer was powered off. (monitor is always plugged to APC UPS and in standby mode)

Now my monitor is not saving any settings at all, do not go into standby mode (after swich off the computer, monitor goes into test mode - blinking with different colors)
Another wierd thing is that when pressing button below the red one, factory mode menu is showing on the left upper side of the screen.

If someone has any idea how to restore its normal funcionality please help me.
I hope I will not have to send it to the service , because I am happy with the unit i've got.

Sorry for my english and thank you in advance for any help.
7 REPLIES 7

Crashcourse316
Level 9
maninblack wrote:
Hi everyone.

Two days ago everything was fine with my unit, but something wierd started to happen after night when computer was powered off. (monitor is always plugged to APC UPS and in standby mode)

Now my monitor is not saving any settings at all, do not go into standby mode (after swich off the computer, monitor goes into test mode - blinking with different colors)
Another wierd thing is that when pressing button below the red one, factory mode menu is showing on the left upper side of the screen.

I hope I will not have to send it to the service , because I am happy with the unit i've got.

Best to call Asus service and ask them how to return it to normal function. most likely its a combination of buttons your need to press/hold down when turning it on to put it back to normal mode.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

NA1D00
Level 7
maninblack wrote:
Hi everyone.

Hi There,

Did you find a solution to this?
I have the exact same problem.

NA1D00 wrote:
Hi There,

Did you find a solution to this?
I have the exact same problem.

I have the exact same problem. When the monitor sleeps, it goes into burn in pattern mode (blinking red, green, blue, white, etc).

I can access the factory menu via the X-button and there I can see that burn in pattern is enabled. If i uncheck it it stays unchecked until the monitor goes to sleep, at which point it starts the burn in pattern again.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Edit: also the light in motion selector comes up after waking from standby/sleep mode.

I thought this came after installing the latest nvidia drivers, but now i'm not so sure since i see others have the same issue. I don't think i've updated any settings other than that.

I have same issue here with this monitor, cannot save any settings so impossible to have 165hz...

ondast wrote:
I have the exact same problem. When the monitor sleeps, it goes into burn in pattern mode (blinking red, green, blue, white, etc).

I can access the factory menu via the X-button and there I can see that burn in pattern is enabled. If i uncheck it it stays unchecked until the monitor goes to sleep, at which point it starts the burn in pattern again.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Edit: also the light in motion selector comes up after waking from standby/sleep mode.

I thought this came after installing the latest nvidia drivers, but now i'm not so sure since i see others have the same issue. I don't think i've updated any settings other than that.

The retailer said it was an unrepairable fault. They offered me a full refund because they did not have any more stock. Got another unit from a different retailer. All working fine for now but I have my fingers crossed, looking at how many others are starting to experience the same problem.

If you have the same problem and it’s still under warranty I recommend sending it back for a replacement or refund.

Thank you, I spoke to asus support and they asked me to RMA it.

Same issue here with a ROG SWIFT PG258Q. The monitor worked fine since summer but around two days ago it started doing weird stuff. On standby it shows blue, green, red and white colors which never ever did. Also, it auto-factory resets on each computer restart or shutdown. Same if I disconnect the cable. HDMI is a nightmare, if I connect an HDMI cable and try to access the menu, the monitor resets. I also have the same menu as you. I am not sure what happened. I really like this monitor. Right now I already contacted ASUS support. I hope they can help me.