bios update

Smergubben
Level 7
Hello

Iv just built Rampage V with 5820k

Should I update bios ?

How do I do it?

Some guide maybe?

Is there anything i need to do in bios setting or else to make the machine work like a pro?

Best regards
Smergubben
7 REPLIES 7

FireRx
Level 11
Read page 3-33 of the manual that came with your motherboard. It has detailed instructions on how to update you bios. Do the USB method. I don't think the internet update is active. at least the last two attempt I did didn't work. I instead did the USB method. 🙂
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

red454
Level 11
What BIOS version is on your board now?
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

I dont know
the bios that was on the motherboard original

I want my machine to be perfect and there is many sorts of bios

I only game

curban422
Level 7
Both of my boards came with 0601. I updated to 0801 but haven't updated to 0901 yet.

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
If your system is stable with the current BIOS, you're fine. No need to update.

What Chino says - you won't see any gain in gaming performance (or system performance for the most part) with a BIOS update. And if you have no experience with BIOS updating, or troubleshooting (if there are any issues), you are far better off leaving it alone. Resist the urge. If you are curious about overclocking, then Chino has a guide listed in his signature - but here is the link: ( Haswell-E Overclocking Guide) http://rog.asus.com/15522014/overclocking/rog-overclocking-guide-core-for-5960x-5930k-5820k/

Spend your time (and money) on a good graphics card or monitor.

And one more thing - list your hardware / system specs so people can answer your questions without chewing through a half dozen posts as we try to figure out what you have. Go to the Settings & Functions dropdown menu in red text at the top of the screen, and then select Edit Profile. You can enter all your system specs and we can see what you have. It just saves time for everyone.
ASUS Rampage V Extreme BIOS 4101 | i7-6950X | Thermaltake Core X9 | G.Skill F4-2800C16Q-32GRK | Cooler Master Nepton 280L | Dual Samsung 850EVO 500GB SSD | PSU: DARK POWER PRO 11 1000W | 3TB & 4TB HDD | NVIDIA GTX Titan X | ASUS 24x DVD±RW Drive | Win10 Pro

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

Basically

Format USB pendrive FAT32

Place freshly downloaded BIOS file on root of pendrive....rename R5E.CAP (renaming should let you only change in front of .CAP....dont rename R5E.CAP.CAP as it were)

Place in ROG connect USB port on I/O panel

Press rog connect (also known as BIOS flashback button) for a couple of seconds and your BIOS lights and flashback button should flash for a while...faster and faster

Should be done...

If lights flash a few seconds and stop it's not working...