Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

When you get the replacement board, take it to someone that has a working system and set it up with them. Maybe use a different PSU and memory kit. If the same thing happens again, I doubt it is a board problem.

ROG Enthusiast Array SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorIntel I7 6850k
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 1070
    Sound CardSchiit Jotunheim
    MonitorDell S2417dg
    Storage #1512MB Samsung 950 pro
    Storage #23TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerThermaltake 3.0 UIltimate
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Power Supply1000W EVGA PS
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Focal Elear
    Mouse Pad Corsair Extended
    Headset/Speakers Emotiva S5 powered monitors
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    When you get the replacement board, take it to someone that has a working system and set it up with them. Maybe use a different PSU and memory kit. If the same thing happens again, I doubt it is a board problem.
    Will do, trying to get NCIX to help me out with the troubleshooting, no response yet though.

Could the CPU be at fault? I have checked the bottom and the pins and everything looks pristine.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I just want to correct some misinformation in this thread.

53 POST code is what you get without any memory plugged in the system (no memory detected).
    41/55 means your memory failed basic dram initialization.
    bd/bf means memory training failed at a later stage, which can normally be resolved by tuning voltages and timings.

The flashing LED indicating PCIE 16X-slot 4 happens on all boards before PCIE is initialized (post code 60) which is after any DRAM stuff and irrelevant for debugging memory issues.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post

53 POST code is what you get without any memory plugged in the system (no memory detected).
    bd/bf means memory training failed at a later stage, which can normally be resolved by tuning voltages and timings.

The flashing LED indicating PCIE 16X-slot 4 happens on all boards before PCIE is initialized (post code 60) which is after any DRAM stuff and irrelevant for debugging memory issues.

I had thought this might have been a case of the DRAM modules not being clicked into place and a case of using the wrong slots, but the OP assured us he is using the grey slots and making sure both sides of the DIMMs are "latched". The GPU is also supposed to be properly installed in the system now. There's no clear explanation for getting a code 53 (with DIMMs and the GPU properly installed) on two boards this way. So "something deeper is amiss". Two boards doing the same thing...

SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 6850k
    MonitorDell S2417dg
    Storage #23TB WD Black
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Headset Focal Elear
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

My RVE10 manual clearly states otherwise (Qcode 55: Memory not installed) but whatever the case, the board wont post and that sucks lol. I'm glad to hear the PCI-E LED light is nothing to worry about, although I have been told different things, I'll take your word for it.

Is it worth RMAing my CPU? Could a faulty CPU cause these kinds of errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I had thought this might have been a case of the DRAM modules not being clicked into place and a case of using the wrong slots, but the OP assured us he is using the grey slots and making sure both sides of the DIMMs are "latched". The GPU is also supposed to be properly installed in the system now. There's no clear explanation for getting a code 53 (with DIMMs and the GPU properly installed) on two boards this way. So "something deeper is amiss". Two boards doing the same thing...
    Yes I'm not questioning the debugging procedure, but the above are facts which should be held as such. I don't know why the tech support or manual is giving misinformation.

Anyone with a working R5E10 can verify the above. Unplug your memory and see the q-code display 53 during POST. Watch the PCIE-led during POST, it will flash until 60 q-code. Noted that the last could change with a different BIOS version (true as of 0801) but so far I haven't seen otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SimondsUnchaind View Post
    My RVE10 manual clearly states otherwise (Qcode 55: Memory not installed) but whatever the case, the board wont post and that sucks lol. I'm glad to hear the PCI-E LED light is nothing to worry about, although I have been told different things, I'll take your word for it.

Is it worth RMAing my CPU? Could a faulty CPU cause these kinds of errors?
    Since the memory controller is on the CPU it's certainly possible. You just have to narrow down if it's the board, the cpu or the memory. That you'd have 4x faulty memory sticks is very unlikely however.

SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 6850k
    MonitorDell S2417dg
    Storage #23TB WD Black
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Headset Focal Elear
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

Yes I'm not questioning the debugging procedure, but the above are facts which should be held as such. I don't know why the tech support or manual is giving misinformation.

Anyone with a working R5E10 can verify the above. Unplug your memory and see the q-code display 53 during POST. Watch the PCIE-led during POST, it will flash until 60 q-code. Noted that the last could change with a different BIOS version (true as of 0801) but so far I haven't seen otherwise.

Since the memory controller is on the CPU it's certainly possible. You just have to narrow down if it's the board, the cpu or the memory. That you'd have 4x faulty memory sticks is very unlikely however.
    Ok cool, very helpful stuff here. Really appreciate it. I will report back once I am able to test each part on a working system.

SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 6850k
    MonitorDell S2417dg
    Storage #23TB WD Black
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Headset Focal Elear
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

Got my 3rd motherboard, just finished the test bench build. The motherboard wont even attempt to boot up now.

CPU installed
    CPU cooler installed
    GPU installed
    1x 8g RAM module installed in the D1 dimm slot

Powering the PSU up, all of the RGB lights come one and cycle through their colors. Clicking the motherboard start button, nothing happens. This is the first time this has happened with all of my troubleshooting. This motherboard is also the first to have noticeable "issues" for lack of a better term.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus motherboard #3 faults.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	59319
    Not sure what all that stuff is and that solder clump may not have any negative effect but still its lame to see that.

Name:	Asus motherboard #3 (2) faults.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	59320
    The plastic somehow got a little warped or something. My USB plug has trouble fitting in because of this.

Name:	Asus motherboard #3 faults (3).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	59321
    This last one is pretty bad.

Id also like to add that this motherboard was shipped in foam, inside a box, wrapped in packing paper, inside another box. The furthermost outside box has no signs of damage or being dropped. Maybe Asus just hates me?
    Last edited by SimondsUnchaind; 09-08-2016 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SimondsUnchaind View Post
    Got my 3rd motherboard, just finished the test bench build. The motherboard wont even attempt to boot up now.

CPU installed
    CPU cooler installed
    GPU installed
    1x 8g RAM module installed in the D1 dimm slot

Powering the PSU up, all of the RGB lights come one and cycle through their colors. Clicking the motherboard start button, nothing happens. This is the first time this has happened with all of my troubleshooting. This motherboard is also the first to have noticeable "issues" for lack of a better term.

Name:	Asus motherboard #3 faults.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	59319
    Not sure what all that stuff is and that solder clump may not have any negative effect but still its lame to see that.

Name:	Asus motherboard #3 (2) faults.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	59320
    The plastic somehow got a little warped or something. My USB plug has trouble fitting in because of this.

Name:	Asus motherboard #3 faults (3).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	59321
    This last one is pretty bad.

Id also like to add that this motherboard was shipped in foam, inside a box, wrapped in packing paper, inside another box. The furthermost outside box has no signs of damage or being dropped. Maybe Asus just hates me?
    Sorry to see that, you need to ask for a 4th board.

On trying to solve your initial problem I've seen a report about a memory kit that would not work with the BWE compatible BIOSes, which obviously includes all of the R5E10 BIOSes. So in this case I'd suggest to try a memory stick from a different kit and see if the problem persists.

SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 6850k
    MonitorDell S2417dg
    Storage #23TB WD Black
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Headset Focal Elear
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

Sorry to see that, you need to ask for a 4th board.

On trying to solve your initial problem I've seen a report about a memory kit that would not work with the BWE compatible BIOSes, which obviously includes all of the R5E10 BIOSes. So in this case I'd suggest to try a memory stick from a different kit and see if the problem persists.
    Yeah I guess so. At this point, can I trust their RMA department to send me a legit board? lol. I feel like im playing a new version of the IPS lottery

Hmm that's interesting, I do have a memory kit on the way in the mail from the Asus QVL and I am also just beginning the process of RMAing my CPU since it does control the memory and could be the cause. I would of liked to test these things before sending them off but since Ill have another two weeks of downtime I might as well send them off to expedite the process.

Even if this 3rd motherboard worked without problems, I feel the condition of said motherboard is a little unacceptable. If it was a 200$ motherboard, that would maybe be different.

EDIT: I have tested my PSU on 2 other computers, one Z170 build and one X99: no problems, both booted up just fine. I asked Asus for the diagnostic report from the RMA center as to why the boards coming back are not repairable but its been over a week without a response (ticket still "in progress")
    Last edited by SimondsUnchaind; 09-09-2016 at 08:43 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast