Power Supply1000W EVGA PS
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Focal Elear
    Mouse Pad Corsair Extended
    Headset/Speakers Emotiva S5 powered monitors
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by santz76 View Post
    follow this maybe u need to manually set your voltage in bios to get the 3200 i had to with mine but this should help!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW6gBneg3VA
    My problem currently is the the fact I cant even get into the BIOS. The motherboard wont go past post .

Per Asus tech support request, I pulled apart my PC, and built it test bench style on the motherboard box to test for any grounding issues and I'm still getting the blinking PCI-E lane (#4). The Guy on phone (Asus tech support) thinks that my board is faulty and that there is no problem with the RAM.

Still unsure as to why the board would be getting the RAM error 53 but with a faulty PCI-E lane but oh well. Hopefully Ill be able to get an exchange at NCIX canada and move on with this build.

I will continue to report back my findings

EDIT: NCIX exchange is a no go. Over the 30 day period by 4 days. Time for an RMA
    Last edited by SimondsUnchaind; 08-09-2016 at 01:56 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array santz76 PC Specs
    santz76 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10
    ProcessorI7- 6850k 4.4ghz
    Memory (part number)GSkill Trident Z 64gb DDR4 3400hz
    Graphics Card #1Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Graphics Card #2Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorRog Swift PQ348Q curved monitor
    Storage #1Corsair GTX Force 500 GB SSD
    Storage #2Corsair force gt 500gb
    CPU CoolerSwiftech h240x custom apogee xl rog water block mayhems blood red coolant
    CaseCorsair 760T
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1200I
    Keyboard Corsair k70 (cherry reds) RGB
    Mouse ROG GLADIUS
    Headset Astro A40 PC TR Editions
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Sheath XL mouse pad
    OS Windows 10 / Samsung 950 pro M.2
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC87U
    Accessory #1 Saitek X52 Pro
    Accessory #2 DX Formula red/black gaming chair

Well sorry for the board being faulty but hopefully you can get up and running in no time, good lucK!!!

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

1) Use the gray memory slots.

2) Make sure the memory modules click into place on both sides of the slot. I've known of some users who didn't insert modules properly in the slots due to being confused by the QDIMM latches. In some cases, they even RMA'd boards and wrote negative reviews - when the issue was caused by not inserting memory properly...heh

3) Make sure there is a GPU installed correctly in the PCIe slots.

The video you posted here doesn't follow some of these rules, which would certainly result in a no-POST situation. Not sure what you're trying to show us, other than mistakes that are being made by the operator. I guess in that sense, it is useful to us, as it provides some clues. Perhaps there's a misunderstanding on your side regarding what the board needs in order for it to POST.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by SimondsUnchaind View Post
    My problem currently is the the fact I cant even get into the BIOS. The motherboard wont go past post .

Per Asus tech support request, I pulled apart my PC, and built it test bench style on the motherboard box to test for any grounding issues and I'm still getting the blinking PCI-E lane (#4). The Guy on phone (Asus tech support) thinks that my board is faulty and that there is no problem with the RAM.

Still unsure as to why the board would be getting the RAM error 53 but with a faulty PCI-E lane but oh well. Hopefully Ill be able to get an exchange at NCIX canada and move on with this build.

I will continue to report back my findings

EDIT: NCIX exchange is a no go. Over the 30 day period by 4 days. Time for an RMA
    Have you inspected the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins? Also when reinstalling your heatsink, make sure you're not applying too much pressure on the screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Have you inspected the CPU socket for any bent or missing pins? Also when reinstalling your heatsink, make sure you're not applying too much pressure on the screws.
    I think the user needs to respond in relation to why he's trying to show the board won't POST without a GPU and possibly with some modules in the wrong slots (quality is horrendous, so I can't quite tell if the memory is in the right slots, but there's clearly no GPU ) first, Chino. That video linked in the first post was taken before he took the board out of the case. I'm not sure why someone would use a video like that to show non-POST due to incompatible memory. Without a GPU, the board will not POST no matter how compatible the memory is. Makes one wonder what is going on.

ROG Enthusiast Array SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 6850k
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 1070
    Sound CardSchiit Jotunheim
    MonitorDell S2417dg
    Storage #1512MB Samsung 950 pro
    Storage #23TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerThermaltake 3.0 UIltimate
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Headset Focal Elear
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    I think the user needs to respond in relation to why he's trying to show the board won't POST without a GPU and possibly with some modules in the wrong slots (quality is horrendous, so I can't quite tell if the memory is in the right slots, but there's clearly no GPU ) first, Chino. That video linked in the first post was taken before he took the board out of the case. I'm not sure why someone would use a video like that to show non-POST due to incompatible memory. Without a GPU, the board will not POST no matter how compatible the memory is. Makes one wonder what is going on.
    Ok Raja, so firstly, Id appreciate if you weren't so condescending. I understand you need to defend your products when the word faulty is being thrown around. I read all of those reviews and still decided to buy the board because I think it is a good product... I was told by Asus Tech Support to remove my GPU when troubleshooting the RAM. This is my first PC build so I'm sorry if I'm being told to do wrong things...Going forward, I will always make sure my 1070 is installed.

I have ONLY been using the Grey memory slots and yes, the RAM modules are firmly pressed/clicked into place. I was told on the phone as well to try every DIMM slot (Grey) with each single RAM module to see if its a single RAM module or DIMM slot causing the error. In every scenario, I still get the error 53.

The other thing is that my PCI-E lane #4 LED is blinking as if something is installed in that slot when nothing is. I was told over the phone (Asus tech support) that it is either being caused the board being faulty or by a grounding issue; was instructed to rebuild test bench style on the motherboard box, still getting the blinking PCI-E #4 light.

I have started the RMA process but I'm a bit disappointed to see I have to pay for shipping on a 800+ motherboard.

Chino - I have not uninstalled the CPU to check the pins but prior to CPU installation, I did check and everything looked tip top. My CPU cooler is mounted only by a half turn on each screw so its not very tight.

Here is a Better quality video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBFV...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by SimondsUnchaind; 08-09-2016 at 05:31 PM.

Ok Raja, so firstly, Id appreciate if you weren't so condescending. I understand you need to defend your products when the word faulty is being thrown around. I read all of those reviews and still decided to buy the board because I think it is a good product... I was told by Asus Tech Support to remove my GPU when troubleshooting the RAM. This is my first PC build so I'm sorry if I'm being told to do wrong things...Going forward, I will always make sure my 1070 is installed.

I have ONLY been using the Grey memory slots and yes, the RAM modules are firmly pressed/clicked into place. I was told on the phone as well to try every DIMM slot (Grey) with each single RAM module to see if its a single RAM module or DIMM slot causing the error. In every scenario, I still get the error 53.

The other thing is that my PCI-E lane #4 LED is blinking as if something is installed in that slot when nothing is. I was told over the phone (Asus tech support) that it is either being caused the board being faulty or by a grounding issue; was instructed to rebuild test bench style on the motherboard box, still getting the blinking PCI-E #4 light.

I have started the RMA process but I'm a bit disappointed to see I have to pay for shipping on a 800+ motherboard.

Chino - I have not uninstalled the CPU to check the pins but prior to CPU installation, I did check and everything looked tip top. My CPU cooler is mounted only by a half turn on each screw so its not very tight.
    My post wasn't condescending at all. I'm not defending the product, for all I know it may be faulty, but the video does tell me that you're new to this, so there's likely more to the matter (chances of enough pins being bent for all four gray slots to be bad is slim). And thats really all I was saying. People get so defensive at someone pointing out the obvious.

Moving on, I would try with the GPU installed. Single module in any one of the gray slots. See if you get the same code. If you do, then check the socket. If that checks out and you've updated the BIOS using BIOS flashback, try the other BIOS chip. If that also fails, then RMA the board. And, once you get the replacement board, set it up on an open test bed to check if everything works before putting it in the case.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Here is a Better quality video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBFV...ature=youtu.be
    The post was not really condescending IMO. Chino was going over what was being advised already, and the video was rightfully damned as being too poor quality. You cannot even see which slots the memory is in correctly, and there is no GPU, which will result in a no post. Potentially even where yours is evidently halting. So in short as far as diagnostic proof is concerned, it was was not very helpful! I hope you get the issue resolved.

ROG Enthusiast Array SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    SimondsUnchaind PC Specs
    ProcessorIntel I7 6850k
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix 1070
    Sound CardSchiit Jotunheim
    MonitorDell S2417dg
    Storage #1512MB Samsung 950 pro
    Storage #23TB WD Black
    CPU CoolerThermaltake 3.0 UIltimate
    CaseThermaltake V51
    Headset Focal Elear
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    My post wasn't condescending at all. I'm not defending the product, for all I know it may be faulty, but the video does tell me that you're new to this, so there's likely more to the matter (chances of enough pins being bent for all four gray slots to be bad is slim). And thats really all I was saying. People get so defensive at someone pointing out the obvious.

Moving on, I would try with the GPU installed. Single module in any one of the gray slots. See if you get the same code.
    Personally, I found them a little condescending but no worries, my frustration levels are a little higher than normal, understandably. I do appreciate all the help I am getting in here!

Ok Raja - Tried using 1 memory module in the D1 DIMM Slot and also in the B1 DIMM slot with the Strix 1070 in the PCI-E #1 slot and #3 slot with no luck. Still getting the the error 53 and PCI-E #4 blinking amber LED

Personally, I found them a little condescending but no worries, my frustration levels are a little higher than normal, understandably. I do appreciate all the help I am getting in here!

Ok Raja - Tried using 1 memory module in the D1 DIMM Slot and also in the B1 DIMM slot with the Strix 1070 in the PCI-E #1 slot and #3 slot with no luck. Still getting the the error 53 and PCI-E #4 blinking amber LED

Check the PCIe power connector to the GPU, on both sides, PSU and GPU side. Wondering if that GPU is getting power from the PSU. You can also try turning off the 4th PCIe slot using the PCIe switches on the top right side of the board, and do try the other BIOS chip and see what happens. If that doesn't work, RMA the board. Just be sure to try an open test bed before the case when you get the replacement.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast