cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damaged R5E E10?

Psychor
Level 7
I ordered this board new from Newegg and when inspecting it I noticed the following. Is this an issue? Since the memory connects inside the channel and not on top I'd imagine not. But I'm hoping for an official answer from ASUS.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

FireRx
Level 11
I'd test it first before going any further. at worst the dim in that slot won't function properly in which you should RMA. NewEgg didn't have any new one is stock. But you can call them and ask for a swap out if they have one. 🙂
Intel Core i9 103900KS
Asus Maximus Z790 Extreme [bios 1801]
LG (34U97-s) Monitor 3440 x1440
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Windows 11 Pro
64gbz Memory

Brighttail
Level 11
Yeah definitely test it out with some memory stress tests. You should come back with zero errors after a few hours. If you get an error, RMA and make sure you send that picture with your RMA.

Last thing you want is to have the support depot they send it to saying it was already damaged.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop

Psychor
Level 7
Thanks for the feedback. Since this seems to be getting more attention let me direct you guys here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86928-R5E-E10-amp-Corsair-DDR4-Memory-Issues. I doubt the issue is related, but I'm at a loss.

Chino wrote:
If your memory is being picked up, you're fine.

Thanks. The system has no issue seeing 32GB, but I've having other issues.