cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G751JT-WH71 screen problem

d3_neux
Level 7
Hi guys, I'm new here I've just bought my new laptop it works like a charm, I'm running DOOM pretty smooth without any problems.

The thing is that almost everyday the first time I turn it on the screen is black. I can barely see something using a small lamp and actually there is
everything being displayed in the screen but the backlight just don't turn on. It'll work if I do what I explain in my video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an9v9p5_ydE

Sometimes I just turn it on and it works by itself sometimes not. I know this is something related with any driver or software which affect how the screen works
because I can't even see the ASUS ROG logo when booting.

I still have a chance to return my laptop but the problem is that I bought it in the USA on my vacations but know I am back home (Ecuador) and It'll cost me a lot.

I know there must be something not too complicated the only problem is identifying what to do or where to find it.

Please please someone help me.
😞
1 REPLY 1

Tom2
Level 7
if you are saying you can see your full display by putting a flashlight to it and u can get picture on an external display it sounds like your backlight is not working. You most likely will have to send it in for repair under your warranty.