Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,858

    Enough with the personal attacks there buck wheat. I guarantee you that YOU CAN BRICK IT so don't go spreading false rumors. There is a reason these features are locked. I just wanted to make sure people who pop in here and read this are aware of the possible consequences that DO EXIST. Anyone who thinks you cant brick it is not only a fool, they are a blatant IDIOT

    Noting wrong with tinkering, that' half the fun of it. but what you obviously are missing is not everyone is aware of what can happen and when a less than truthful claim that you cant mess it up is made people just need to know about it. You want to brick your machine, go for it. My intent is nothing more than to make folks aware of the possible consequences of a single mistake before they do just that and end up having to pay to fix it because this will without a shadow of a doubt void your warranty.

    If you have proof of finding a fix that the ASUS engineers are too stupid to find and can be addressed through the BIOS then by all means post up the proof or it didn't happen. Also post up your ram OC screenies.

    The USB power issue can be addressed in the charger plus software by moving the slider all the way to the right. When on battery and it drops below 99% the power is cut. Another fix, don't leave things plugged in when the machine is powered down and unplugged.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 08-23-2016 at 04:32 AM.

  2. #22
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    G752VL Custom bios Chipset menu

    Hello ,

    any one figured out how to enable the Chipset menu on G752 . I have G752VL and latest bios 303 , everithing from advanced works to enable but Chipset menu not and I'm in particular interested to the goodies under the Chipset . Tried from Using AMIBCP to HEX editing and no success yet.

    Thx.

  3. #23
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by CIURI View Post
    Hello ,

    any one figured out how to enable the Chipset menu on G752 . I have G752VL and latest bios 303 , everithing from advanced works to enable but Chipset menu not and I'm in particular interested to the goodies under the Chipset . Tried from Using AMIBCP to HEX editing and no success yet.

    Thx.
    Hey CIURI,

    you have to mod the AMITSE modul inside the Bios. If you have a SPI programmer and a working backup i can send you a PM with a link to a guide to unlock and unhide the hidden chipset menu in an AMI APTIO V Bios. You can try it if you want ;-)

  4. #24
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    No attachments anymore it says.
    Much appreciated if someone would give me working links.
    Thanks,
    I have thr G752vl with 304 bios.
    Love to have the files & possibly the instructions.
    Jerry
    Last edited by seadoodude; 08-15-2018 at 10:50 PM.

  5. #25
    ROG Junior Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Quote Originally Posted by christian86 View Post
    Hey CIURI,

    you have to mod the AMITSE modul inside the Bios. If you have a SPI programmer and a working backup i can send you a PM with a link to a guide to unlock and unhide the hidden chipset menu in an AMI APTIO V Bios. You can try it if you want ;-)
    Can you send this link? I can try.. I hae a SPI [rogrammer..

  6. #26
    ROG Member Array hadarych PC Specs
    hadarych PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS(KBL)-BA497T
    MotherboardG752VSK (Intel CM238), BIOS 304
    Processori7 7820HK (4.7Ghz (+150mV) FCBGA 1440)
    Memory (part number)Samsung 16GB, PC4-22400, 18-18-18-38-53 (Apacer 76.D305G.D060B)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
    Sound CardRealtek ALC668
    MonitorAU Optronics B173HAN01.1 (17.3", Full HD, 120Hz, G-Sync)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD M.2 256Gb NVMe (MZVPW256)
    Storage #2Seagate 2Tb 5400Rpm (ST2000LM007-1R8174)
    CaseASUS G752VSK Chassis
    Power SupplyASUS 230W Power Adapter (AC 100-240V ~3.2A, 50/60Hz, 11.8A-19.5V)
    Keyboard ASUS G752VSK Keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Sony MDR-ZX770BN
    Mouse Pad Kingston HyperX Fury Pro M (HX-MPFP-M)
    Headset/Speakers ASUS G752VSK Speakers
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Network RouterTP-Link Archer C7 (AC1750)
    Accessory #1 Big ***king backpack for this big ***king laptop

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    22

    Quote Originally Posted by christian86 View Post
    Hey CIURI,

    you have to mod the AMITSE modul inside the Bios. If you have a SPI programmer and a working backup i can send you a PM with a link to a guide to unlock and unhide the hidden chipset menu in an AMI APTIO V Bios. You can try it if you want ;-)
    Me too, please!

  7. #27
    TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade
    xeromist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Reputation
    300
    Posts
    7,446

    Christian86 hasn't logged in for 7 months. If you wan to talk to him you will have to send a PM and hope he receives email notifications.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

    < < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

  8. #28
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Need Help for G752VY

    Hi anyone can help me...i mistakenly flash different IC in the motherboard of G752VY..i erase the program without back up..maybe someone here has back up file or can give me a backup file..please help me thank you..

  9. #29
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array navis995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    315

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Just a quick interjection for any novice users that may read this.

    You botch anything here and you now have a very expensive paper weight.
    There is little to no gain to having access to any of these settings so IMO its not worth the risk. There is a reason they leave this stuff hidden. It only took them 6 months to get a BIOS that worked correctly with people whining the whole time now you want to flirt with disaster and modify it?

    Good luck for all who try, I wont be one of them.

    Also understand that this will 100% void your warranty. If you botch it and do not have the necessary tools you will have to send it off to ASUS to get resolution.

    I may try something like this when this machine is getting old and I have a replacement for it that is faster and meaner but for now I think Ill keep my very large investments BIOS with an ASUS approved, unmodified version. Currently 213.
    Hi JT.

    Can you be bothered for a second and take a look at my thread that I started about my GPU issue? I would be very glad if you could help me or point me in the right direction at least.

    Thank you.
    Asus Rog G750JZ
    Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.0Ghz @ -70mV)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +70Mhz Core, +400Mhz Memory @ 1.000V)
    RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
    Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
    Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

  10. #30
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    105
    Posts
    4,108

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Enough with the personal attacks there buck wheat. I guarantee you that YOU CAN BRICK IT so don't go spreading false rumors. There is a reason these features are locked. I just wanted to make sure people who pop in here and read this are aware of the possible consequences that DO EXIST. Anyone who thinks you cant brick it is not only a fool, they are a blatant IDIOT

    Noting wrong with tinkering, that' half the fun of it. but what you obviously are missing is not everyone is aware of what can happen and when a less than truthful claim that you cant mess it up is made people just need to know about it. You want to brick your machine, go for it. My intent is nothing more than to make folks aware of the possible consequences of a single mistake before they do just that and end up having to pay to fix it because this will without a shadow of a doubt void your warranty.

    If you have proof of finding a fix that the ASUS engineers are too stupid to find and can be addressed through the BIOS then by all means post up the proof or it didn't happen. Also post up your ram OC screenies.

    The USB power issue can be addressed in the charger plus software by moving the slider all the way to the right. When on battery and it drops below 99% the power is cut. Another fix, don't leave things plugged in when the machine is powered down and unplugged.
    DITTO, if you don't have the knowledge to fix a bricked BIOS Do Not Attempt any BIOS Modifications. It won't be cheap to hire someone that does. if it's even possible to recover at all.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •