cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% disk usage and lags G752VT

guyfawkes
Level 7
My 5400 rpm HDD (I have SSD and HDD both) is very laggy. I often have 100% disk usage without I/O and message in Event Viewer

"Reset to device \Device\RaidPort0 was issued" from iStorA

How can I to fix this?
13 REPLIES 13

Clintlgm
Level 14
Well if your talking about the 5400 spinner it's probably going bad, what ever brand it is you can download a diagnostic tool and test it, same for the SSD If its a Samsung you should be able use Samsung Magician to check it out. Also if you have a 128 GB SSD you may indeed have it filled?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

guyfawkes
Level 7
I talking about HDD (Toshiba). I also have 128GB samsung, it's filled about 50% of its capacity

Link to Toshiba diagnostic tools
seems Toshiba hides there tool these seem legit?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

guyfawkes
Level 7
I think it may be FastBoot option enabled in BIOS. Did you enable it?

yes I have that turned off on all my computers, same thing in window especial in window since that puts your computer into Hybrid sleep Hibernate really, that always causes me problems. With these new SSD neither is needed. Less than 30 seconds boots with out it, from a totally shut down condition. Like I said I would test that hard drive to insure its not having a hardware issue. If not then clean install.

Check your Power Options/Shut down setting, deselect Turn off fast startup uncheck the box is it is selected.

If you want to try to save your OS you can try these tools from and Admin Command Prompt

SFC /scannow if no issued found run the next lines

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup if no issued found run the next lines

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth if no issued found run the next lines

SFC /scannow if you still are showing unrepaired files then for sure clean install
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

gtan777x
Level 7
had issues before where HDD was at constant 20% usage. does not drop even when idle and all programs closed. had it scanned and it found a virus. so might want to try scanning before doing anything drastic like reformatting.

guyfawkes
Level 7
has anybody problem with "reset to \Device\RaidPort0" from iastora ?

guyfawkes wrote:
has anybody problem with "reset to \Device\RaidPort0" from iastora ?

Yes, I'm having the same issue on my G752VT, for me only happens while playing WOW.
Wow will freeze both video and audio. Hard drive light will be on solid.

I'm also running a clean install with all the drivers loaded from asus's support page.
Everything is stock, have not done any upgrades to memory or added ssd.

DBurke wrote:
Yes, I'm having the same issue on my G752VT, for me only happens while playing WOW.
Wow will freeze both video and audio. Hard drive light will be on solid.

I'm also running a clean install with all the drivers loaded from asus's support page.
Everything is stock, have not done any upgrades to memory or added ssd.

What operating system are you using? I've had this same trouble after updating my G55VW to Windows 10. I've updated the SATA AHCI driver and no luck.