cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New bios 1902, XMP doesn't work anymore

ChairmanMeow
Level 7
I updated my BIOS to 1902 from 1701, and now if I set XMP profiles in the BIOS the system will not post. It will endlessly start up and reboot, qcode 41. Used to be stable by just setting the AI Overclock Setting to XMP profile and TPU to TPU I. Anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong?
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15
A lot of changes are made in between one BIOS and another. The common rule is to stick with the revision that is stable for your system.

If XMP is not working with the BIOS you're one, try setting up your RAM manually. And if that doesn't work, proceed to tweak the I/O and SA voltages.

uncle_bob
Level 7
ChairmanMeow wrote:
I updated my BIOS to 1902 from 1701, and now if I set XMP profiles in the BIOS the system will not post. It will endlessly start up and reboot, qcode 41. Used to be stable by just setting the AI Overclock Setting to XMP profile and TPU to TPU I. Anyone else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

I too am going through the same xmp problem with bios 1902 and 2202, I will be reverting back to 1701 because it worked fine on xmp.

I know it's discouraging and something you shouldn't have to do but I've noticed something that really works. This has been tested by me and a couple friends more than once but everytime so far it's been with a new build not a new bios but it very well may work. Take it down to smaller arrays. If you have 4 sticks take it down to 1 or 2 and try. If it boots, either take them out and swap for another one or two, or leave them in and add another one or two and if it boots throw them all in and try again. Again tho this is memory training and has worked on a few different set ups out of the box as a new build training the memory and xmp profile to mesh. I've never had a bios update ruin an already working xmp for me personally but I hope this helps.