cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB crash, 3301 / Win10

Rooob3
Level 7
Hi

I installed few days ago 3301 bios, on my rampage v extreme /u3.1, then i formated the disk and installed Windows 10 64 bit.
Now im getting some issue with all USB ports, it seams like the USB ports would restart.. Just turn all my USB devices off(without a sound of unpluging or error) and after 2/3s are they working again...
It happens only when i use some Software to streaming like OBS(both obs studio too, 32 and 64 bit) Xsplit that alls happens usualy after 1,30h. I though my camera(logitech c525) is broken i unpluged it and unistalled, then I tried to stream without
and it worked about 3 h without USB crash, I though the problem is solved... Today i bought new one (Logitech c920) but i noticed that the cam has the same drivers or software like the other one... and after 2 h I got again taht issue.
What should i do ?
19 REPLIES 19

Nonny
Level 10
Rooob3 wrote:
Hi

I installed few days ago 3301 bios, on my rampage v extreme /u3.1, then i formated the disk and installed Windows 10 64 bit.
Now im getting some issue with all USB ports, it seams like the USB ports would restart.. Just turn all my USB devices off(without a sound of unpluging or error) and after 2/3s are they working again...
It happens only when i use some Software to streaming like OBS(both obs studio too, 32 and 64 bit) Xsplit that alls happens usualy after 1,30h. I though my camera(logitech c525) is broken i unpluged it and unistalled, then I tried to stream without
and it worked about 3 h without USB crash, I though the problem is solved... Today i bought new one (Logitech c920) but i noticed that the cam has the same drivers or software like the other one... and after 2 h I got again taht issue.
What should i do ?

Same Problem here i have Ligitech C930e and C920 , for me it works like this Use in Camtasia an Skype :

BIOS 2101 for me the best Working BIOS so fare ! On 3301 no way to get it stable

I. BIOS under xHci USB controler Switch from "Smart Auto" to "Auto",
2. in the Webcam controler Software from the Logitech turn of the "right Light" funtion
3. Turn of the White Balance, and do the Whithe Balance manually

My Symptoms was , when recording Logitech C930e the USB unplug soud was given and all my USB devices turnes off , keyboard mouse and so on ,
1-2 secounds it came back but the recording was gone .

under 2101 its working for me fine when i do the 3 steps i worte before , maybe you should try flash back 2101 like me i have 2 BIOS 3301 and 2101 but the 3301 was
for testing only but i cant get the Cameras working stable not in skype or Camtasia ...

i hope i can help you a little bit with that advice

Greetings

Nonny

Rooob3
Level 7
OK thank you for help ! I havent try it with other bios, i will switch just to the second chip... I was thinking about it just today hah..
I must look what for version i have on the other chip, if older then i flash to 2101 :). +rep for you man !

Edit: ohh... i tried to boot from bios the second chip.. the pc restarted and it says updating bios hah.. now need to downgrade one of them..
and i can download only 2001 because i have the u3.1 mobo.

Rooob3 wrote:
OK thank you for help ! I havent try it with other bios, i will switch just to the second chip... I was thinking about it just today hah..
I must look what for version i have on the other chip, if older then i flash to 2101 :). +rep for you man !

Edit: ohh... i tried to boot from bios the second chip.. the pc restarted and it says updating bios hah.. now need to downgrade one of them..
and i can download only 2001 because i have the u3.1 mobo.

Hello , your welcome,

one more Thing if you are switching Bios on the Bord from Bios one to Bios 2 then normaly it writes "Dont toutch , i am updating" this is normal when used 2 diferent Bios
Versions , it does not "Update" the BIOS from one chip to another , so it is possible to use 2 diferend BIOS versions / configurations or used as securety Backup 😉

but try the 2101 i would say this is the best option here 🙂

Nonny

EDIT: If there is for the u3.1 the last 2001 BIOS then try better this one , i belived the BIOS where the same ... then 2001 for the Model you have !

Rooob3
Level 7
oh ok.. 🙂
i downgrade it to 3202 but it didnt help.. now i try to 2001 :).. i hope it dont crash now

Nonny wrote:
Same Problem here i have Ligitech C930e and C920 , for me it works like this Use in Camtasia an Skype :

I. BIOS under xHci USB controler Switch from "Smart Auto" to "Auto",
2. in the Webcam controler Software from the Logitech turn of the "right Light" funtion
3. Turn of the White Balance, and do the Whithe Balance manually

This i need to do too yes ?? or only downgrade to 2001 ?

Rooob3 wrote:
oh ok.. 🙂
i downgrade it to 3202 but it didnt help.. now i try to 2001 :).. i hope it dont crash now

This i need to do too yes ?? or only downgrade to 2001 ?

Well i had too , all the configurations can be made anytime , try without if it dosent help then try with the configurations , here i have to do that or i have USB crashes

Greetings

Nonny

EDIT: In my case these configuration dont help with BIOS 3301 or any 3.xxx BIOS only the combination from BIOS 2101 (for my Board) and the 3 Steps
in the Configuration helps ...

Rooob3
Level 7
I think the problem in my case is solved ! About 5 h streaming today on the bios 2001 and no crash at all, without changing camera settings !
Thank You for Help !

Rooob3 wrote:
I think the problem in my case is solved ! About 5 h streaming today on the bios 2001 and no crash at all, without changing camera settings !
Thank You for Help !

I am happy that i can help , your welcome , and happy streaming 🙂 !!!

linxeye
Level 8
Crazy thing that such a simple thing as USB is causing so many headaches on a high end top notch platform... 😕

had same problem to an all 3xxx bios, usb restarting or something, mostley when using skype