cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JT problem: CPU fan minimum speed is stacked

NGeo
Level 7
Hello, I have an Asus RoG G751JT with latest BIOS (211).
I have noticed that no matter how low the temperature is on both cpu and gpu, the fan speed wont go below 2200 rpm, which is kind of annoying as it is always on and noisy.
Is that normal?

Even at idle (0-1% utilization) the fan is always working either 2200 rpm or 2300 rpm.
Even after hours of being idle with low temps <40 C the rpms wont change... (checked it with HWmonitor)

I never thought it was a problem until i saw other rog laptops like G750 and G752 and noticed the fan noise.
Any suggestions?
Can anyone confirm that this is normal behavior?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
Sounds like you having a fan issue, these notebooks are very quite even with fans running near max
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Sounds like you having a fan issue, these notebooks are very quite even with fans running near max

Do the fans of G751 ever stay inactive ?

Boxis
Level 7
There is nothing wrong with your laptop. The fans start as soon as you turn it on, and yes, they don't go under 2200 rpm, however, it really shouldn't be that noisy at this point.

Boxis wrote:
There is nothing wrong with your laptop. The fans start as soon as you turn it on, and yes, they don't go under 2200 rpm, however, it really shouldn't be that noisy at this point.

Its not noisy but its annoying if there is silence in my room... So the minimum is fixed at 2200 rpm?
Was this always the case or is it due to some bios versions?

NGeo wrote:
So the minimum is fixed at 2200 rpm?
Was this always the case or is it due to some bios versions?

It was always like this. I know there was a bug (maybe still is) with Notebook fan control (nbfc) which disables GPU fan until your GPU hits like 43°C, but as soon as your GPU is on that temperature, the fan starts to spin as well and never stop. But ye, you can't disable the fans on this model.