Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A way to start VLC and not stop at mouse movement

ftjacques
Level 7
Hi everyone,

just a small quality of life suggestion I have regarding RealBench-

It would be very nice if it was possible to launch the Heavy Multimedia test and not have it stop due to mouse movement. Obviously, this wouldn't have to yield any testing result in itself, but just a way to let us adjust the volume of the test.

I personally tend to have my speakers way up high in volume, and reduce all my applications in Windows to ~15% volume so they don't wake up the neighbours. The point of this is to be able to cramp up the volume on those few videos that can't be heard at all unless you really pump it up.

With the way RealBench is setup actually, this is almost impossible, I had to launch the test around 5 to 10 times in a row and try to reach the volume mixer in time before VLC disappears from it to achieve that.

Obviously, this isn't a deal breaking thing, just a small QoL improvement that wouldn't be hard to implement imho.

Best Regards,

Thierry
2 REPLIES 2

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The stress test does not stop with mouse movement. Only the benchmark part of RealBench monitors mouse movement.

Praz wrote:
Hello

The stress test does not stop with mouse movement. Only the benchmark part of RealBench monitors mouse movement.

Seemed like a good point until I tried it... The stress test only seem to use Handbrake, and not VLC, so it doesn't allow me to fix the volume sadly. Unless I'm doing something wrong?