cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JT ram upgrade

Noobs_shooter
Level 7
Hello,

I recently bought an ASUS G751JT from Xotic PC, it hasnt arrived yet but when it does it will arrive with 8Gb ram, I am planning to upgrade it to 24 Gb but i am not familiar with a good type to place.
3 REPLIES 3

rog_au
Level 7
Noobs.shooter wrote:
Hello,

I recently bought an ASUS G751JT from Xotic PC, it hasnt arrived yet but when it does it will arrive with 8Gb ram, I am planning to upgrade it to 24 Gb but i am not familiar with a good type to place.

Hi mate,

Once you receive your laptop you can have a look at exactly what memory it has shipped with as it can be different depending on exact specifications. The G751JT however as per the spec sheet supports up to 32GB of DD3L SDRAM, however please refer to the device once your receive it for supported frequency. All the best - ASUS ANZ Marketing

rog_au wrote:
Hi mate,

Once you receive your laptop you can have a look at exactly what memory it has shipped with as it can be different depending on exact specifications. The G751JT however as per the spec sheet supports up to 32GB of DD3L SDRAM, however please refer to the device once your receive it for supported frequency. All the best - ASUS ANZ Marketing

Hmm, thanks

I did think of opening it up tp check but I do not want to open it unless i actually need to, you see last time i opened my last laptop caused me to require repairing it which cost me over 300 usless bucks. So i will trust you and go with the DD3L SDRAM.

Noobs.shooter wrote:
Hmm, thanks

I did think of opening it up tp check but I do not want to open it unless i actually need to, you see last time i opened my last laptop caused me to require repairing it which cost me over 300 usless bucks. So i will trust you and go with the DD3L SDRAM.

Hi mate,

You shouldn't worry about damaging anything with this model. It has easy access to the memory and storage options for upgrade. A separate compartment in the bottom that is access with separate screws so it should be fairly easy 🙂

If you run into issues please let us know 🙂