Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

ASUS GTX1080 Strix OC LED issues

Hi, two days ago I received my 1080 OC and I am having some problems with AURA lighting - all colours seem to be ok, apart from white. The Republic of gamers logo + all LEDs underneath (around fans) are pink/violet, the STRIX logo itself is white, and one LED under backplate is locked to green - please see photo.
    I am getting three different colours when white LED is chosen... I am some kind of disappointed as this was supposed to be all white LED rig build. Instead of all white I am getting all three different colours...

P.S. I've just checked other colours - the LED which shows in green when set to white, is also stuck in green in orange, yellow and cyan colours. Not happy at all. I suspect a faulty LED. What do you think guys?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	59944
    Last edited by griellwe; 10-22-2016 at 12:23 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Are you using the latest version of the AURA software?
    Yes, I do V0.0.4.1

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Ok. I'll do some testing with my GTX 1080.

Can I assume that you're using the Static effect and just setting everything to a white color?

ROG Member Array

Ok. I'll do some testing with my GTX 1080.

Can I assume that you're using the Static effect and just setting everything to a white color?
    Thank you and yes, all in static and does not matter what shade of white do I apply it is always the same. As I mentioned eralier same happens in cyan, orange and yellow - just this green LED is stuck on. ROG, Strix logo, fans LEDS changed colours ok in that colours. White is the worst one - I got 3 different colours.

Also I have just looked at the card and one of the LEDs is much brighter than others. I have noticed that first when I took the photo, now I have looked again as it is a little bit hidden by case and it is twice as bright as the one the other side of the card (closer to MOBO). But this does not really bother me. I have just pointed it out as there may be some voltage problems on card...? See photo pls.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	59949
    Last edited by griellwe; 10-22-2016 at 03:44 PM.

ROG Member Array Morbeious PC Specs
    Morbeious PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI WT72 6QN
    MotherboardMaximus VIII Formula
    ProcessorI7-6700
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR4-3200 4x8
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080 OC
    Sound CardRealTek
    MonitorASUS MG28UQ Black 28" 4K UHD 1ms
    Storage #1NVMe Samsung SSD 950 - M2
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i V2
    CaseIN WIN 303
    Power SupplyTermalTake 750 Gold
    Keyboard G910
    Mouse Razer Naga
    Headset Asus
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterAsus

Have you tried rebooting (removing power) wait a few min.. I had this issue after loading more than one copy of the aura software. mine locked into green and wouldn't change and untill I performed a cold boot. I've also seen other issues with the software, it doesn't seem to pickup music and change colors when I have the AUra motherboard software loaded doing the same (strange).. I think it might just be buggy software..

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by griellwe View Post
    Thank you and yes, all in static and does not matter what shade of white do I apply it is always the same. As I mentioned eralier same happens in cyan, orange and yellow - just this green LED is stuck on. ROG, Strix logo, fans LEDS changed colours ok in that colours. White is the worst one - I got 3 different colours.

Also I have just looked at the card and one of the LEDs is much brighter than others. I have noticed that first when I took the photo, now I have looked again as it is a little bit hidden by case and it is twice as bright as the one the other side of the card (closer to MOBO). But this does not really bother me. I have just pointed it out as there may be some voltage problems on card...? See photo pls.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	8 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	59949
    I'm getting the same result as you are so I don't think the GPU is the problem. Perhaps it's software. Give me a few days and I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeious View Post
    Have you tried rebooting (removing power) wait a few min.. I had this issue after loading more than one copy of the aura software. mine locked into green and wouldn't change and untill I performed a cold boot. I've also seen other issues with the software, it doesn't seem to pickup music and change colors when I have the AUra motherboard software loaded doing the same (strange).. I think it might just be buggy software..
    You can't use the Aura and Aura(Graphics Card) software at the same time. If you have configured the motherboard to sync with the GPU, then you must use the Aura program. If you want to use the standalone Aura(Graphics Card) one, you have to untick the Sync VGA option.

ROG Member Array

I'm getting the same result as you are so I don't think the GPU is the problem. Perhaps it's software. Give me a few days and I'll look into it.
    Thank you, appreciate your help, keep me informed pls

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Morbeious View Post
    Hi, I dont have AURA mobo.

ROG Member Array

I'm getting the same result as you are so I don't think the GPU is the problem. Perhaps it's software. Give me a few days and I'll look into it...

I have found on Reddit a photo of another 1080 with LED issue. I hope that it is only software problem as I like this card, it clocks to 2100.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8048.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	59983
    Last edited by griellwe; 10-24-2016 at 02:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast