cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not working in Rampage V Edition 10 + Windows 10

Catalonia
Level 7
Hi,

I have a very strange issue, my bluetooth device is on, driver installed and no issues in device manager (Windows 10 AU1 64bit, clean installation) but when trying to connect my Bluetooth Headsets (Plantronics Backbeat Pro) they just don't appear when searching for them

1) I tried every version of my device driver
2) I tried turning on, off, restart, auto, manual, all bluetooth services
3) Headphones work perfectly well in another PC's or Macs
4) The headsets are in pair mode when trying to connect, (as I always do when connecting to a new device)

Looks like Windows 10 can't find any bluetooth device. I have the Asus Rampage V Edition 10 and using the on board Bluetooth device.

Any help?

Thanks!

PS: Just for the record, the antenna is installed and working, (I am currently connected using WiFi)
46 REPLIES 46

Andrew_WOT
Level 7
Antenna?

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Do you pick up other Bluetooth devices? Maybe your smartphone or tablet?

Hello,
I don't have any other Bluetooth device here, just an iPhone that can't be seen. But the headsets work everywhere elese, and when trying to find them all other computers are off and the headset in pair mode...
So irritating... 😞

day187
Level 7
I to had a nightmare connecting my HTC via bluetooth final got it to work by restarting phone and PC at the same time and paired soon has i got into windows, but it will not complete a file transfer no matter the size...

day187 wrote:
I to had a nightmare connecting my HTC via bluetooth final got it to work by restarting phone and PC at the same time and paired soon has i got into windows, but it will not complete a file transfer no matter the size...

i think there's something wrong with this module or the driver... Or my unit is broken... Whatever it is it doesn't work... I'm thinking about buying a USB Bluetooth Dongle and disable the one in my Asus Rampage V Edition 10 which at the moment only gave me headaches...

day187
Level 7
Catalonia wrote:
i think there's something wrong with this module or the driver... Or my unit is broken... Whatever it is it doesn't work... I'm thinking about buying a USB Bluetooth Dongle and disable the one in my Asus Rampage V Edition 10 which at the moment only gave me headaches...

I got mine working I did not install the antennas, I thought they were for wi-fi only...

day

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Did you install the Anniversary Update recently? Various users have reported having various issues with it.

Yes I did. Actually my installation build was created with the Anniversary Update directly build in. Can I expect a new driver from Asus for a bug-fix maybe?

Thanks

Catalonia wrote:
Yes I did. Actually my installation build was created with the Anniversary Update directly build in. Can I expect a new driver from Asus for a bug-fix maybe?

Thanks

Try to install Asus BT drivers on the top of what Win10 messed up
http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/HelpDesk_Download/

I do not have any issues with this driver. Also make sure that you enabled and can see BT in Device Manager and has auto discovery on.