cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing M.2 Boot Driver After Windows restart

cajudoido
Level 9
I have the M8F Motherboard and I recently install the OCZ RD400 M.2 SSD. The Main problem is that after a Winodws 10 restart the M.2 drive is not recognizable (I know this because of the boot options that is empty) anymore. I have the following configuration on the bios:
CSM disabled
Secure Boot Other OS
Version 1902

The drive reappears only after a turn off and turn on. I tried to put the secure boot to Windows UEFI, but did not work. Sometimes bios is stuck on code 80 (debug). I don't know if this is related to Secure Boot Keys (or bad Windows 10 installation), because when was trying to setup the SSD, I selected the "Save Default Secure Boot Keys" options on the bios.
3 REPLIES 3

vladtepes
Level 7
The SSD definitely seated properly?

vladtepes wrote:
The SSD definitely seated properly?

Yes everything is seated properly. I actually figure out what was going on. The problem is with the NVMe Driver from OCZ. The default Windows NVMe driver does not cause this issue, but if I install the OCZ driver this start to happens. I don't know if this is specifically related to this mobo and the driver, but definitely is related to the ocz driver. I already open a ticket for them and they responded that will going to pass to the developer team.

ondersma80
Level 7
I reported this to the OCZ/Toshiba support two months ago. I found the exact same: works normally with the native Windows driver, restart problems with the OCZ/Toshiba driver. Thanks for reporting, perhaps they will actually look into it.