cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{HELP} Asus ROG G20AJ-B07 Black screen, won't boot.

Fearsidion
Level 7
I had this Rig for about a year now. I decided to wipe my computer, and then turned it off and now it's giving me a black screen. I tried F8 and trying to get it into safe mode but it didn't work. Please help.

{Edit}

Yes I had problems of a black screen before where America Mega Trends popped up and didn't let me in. I do remember fixing the issue but I can't remember for the life of me how.
15 REPLIES 15

Fearsidion
Level 7
Can someone please seriously help???

Here is a link to Welsh Gaming's youtube page with all of the videos

Welsh Gaming ~ https://www.youtube.com/user/djwhoopee

Have you tried all of the hdmi plugins, gpu and the onboard cpu graphics hdmi? You could also try the displayport if possible. If none of that is working, you could wipe the CMOS and then plug into the onboard HDMI. I have gone through this myself and just last night as a matter of fact. I changed my gpu and had a black screen, so I put the old gpu back in, still black screen. I then pulled the gpu altogether, reset the CMOS, after watching a video I found by searching, "CMOS reset Asus G20". There is a guy on this forum that has made a lot of G20 videos name Welsh Gamer and I owe him a huge thank you for his videos. So if all else fails look the CMOS reset video up, you will have to look up the other video on how to get it apart first. After the CMOS is reset, plug into the onboard HDMI and you should get that Ameritrends screen you talked about earlier, you hit enter to reset the bios defaults, and your off to boot. Once I got mine going, I shut it down and put the new gpu back in. It took a couple minutes after I started the computer for it to recognize the video card, I had already loaded a driver that worked with it. Once the computer posts a message saying it has recognized the gpu, you can shut down and plug into the gpu's HDMI, if that does not happen, go to the gpu vendors website and download a driver for it. Best of luck.

Welsh_Whoopee
Level 11
has he fixed the problem yet, can you get to the bios? it seems you have taken away part of the boot up part of the hdd, what you need is refus and a windows 10 iso, reply if sorted

Hi Guys,
Just got similar issue with my G20AJ.
Push the power button, LED lighting effect ON, FANS at full speed, Orange light on Ethernet port but nothing else.
No signal to screen monitor, no signal to keyboard, no power on HDD, no boot, no bip.

I tried to start the G20AJ without Nvidia GTX graphic card to use integrated mother board graphic card using HDMi but no luck.
I tried to clear the CMOS using Youtube video from Welsh_Gaming but no luck.

I'm running out of idea for further diagnostic 😞
I suspect CPU or RAM failure.

Thanks for sharing your idea.

I cleared the Cmos.

The Nvdia Gpu Hdmi doesn't detect on my monitor, BUT

The intel gpu Hdmi is detected on my monitor but it's black.

Where do I go from here? Get intel drivers? or get nvdia? or get both?

Bumped for replies.

Last resort is taking it to geek squad I don't trust other people touching my stuff.

Please someone answer this thread.