cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero. Bad ROG logo position?

caqo1971
Level 10
I jumped from a M 7 Hero to the 8 Hero. 7 has the lighten ROG logo more below from the first VGA PCI-E16x, but in 8 the logo is just below the first VGA PCI-E. It's so nice, it's RGB and you can set the color. BUT, why the heck they put that in such a place?, I put mi VGA card and now I cannot see the logo, it got behind the VGA card. :mad:

What a Stupid thing.
8 REPLIES 8

Firewalll
Level 7
Probably because the higher end cards have leds. I'm not agreeing with the choice, but engineers and designers are funny

I thought the same thing when I put in my huge Zotac GPU. Why did`nt Asus make the bottom slot the x16 slot?

Kenrou
Level 8
So bad design on a "top of the line" motherboard just because of the LED ? seriously :rolleyes:
CPU: i7-6700k @4.7ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Strix 980ti OC

RAM: 2x 8GB Ripjaws V 3200mhz C14
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: 1x WD Black 4TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold
CASE: Fractal Define R5 Black

Eric_F
Level 10
Hmmm... I paired a Strix card on my M8H and the logo is just below the heatsink shroud on the card, fully visible. Most likely ASUS figured on accommodating their own cards, which they can control. Can't control other manufacturers, or custom water blocks added to any card. PCH location is largely determined by engineering requirements. putting a nice lighted logo on it is going to be somewhat secondary.
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero
Processor: I7 6700K - 4.9GHz OC
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i v2
Memory: G.Skill DDR4-3000 16GB
Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 1721/1860MHz
Storage #1: 1TB Western Digital Black
Storage #2: 2TB Western Digital Black
Case: Antec Nine Hundred
Power Supply: Antec Edge 650 80+ Gold

Eric_F wrote:
Hmmm... I paired a Strix card on my M8H and the logo is just below the heatsink shroud on the card, fully visible. Most likely ASUS figured on accommodating their own cards, which they can control. Can't control other manufacturers, or custom water blocks added to any card. PCH location is largely determined by engineering requirements. putting a nice lighted logo on it is going to be somewhat secondary.

Well said +1

emsir
Level 8
caqo1971 wrote:
I jumped from a M 7 Hero to the 8 Hero. 7 has the lighten ROG logo more below from the first VGA PCI-E16x, but in 8 the logo is just below the first VGA PCI-E. It's so nice, it's RGB and you can set the color. BUT, why the heck they put that in such a place?, I put mi VGA card and now I cannot see the logo, it got behind the VGA card. :mad:

What a Stupid thing.

WTF? Are you complaining about light???? It has no effect on the boards performance at all. Led light on Motherboard should never been made. I'ts just stupid and useless. Who gives a sh't about colour. You should be happy about the performance. Do you really spend time watching led on your motherboard??? OMG!

emsir wrote:
WTF? Are you complaining about light???? It has no effect on the boards performance at all. Led light on Motherboard should never been made. I'ts just stupid and useless. Who gives a sh't about colour. You should be happy about the performance. Do you really spend time watching led on your motherboard??? OMG!

hahahaha, what a funny rersponse.

No man, it was just an observation, I have a good PC, and I like performance, but also, want the look of it. No need to be so radical. if you're happy with your closed case, good for you.

Also, they took out an USB internal connector, and as I have a corsair LR cooler and a Front base panel, I lost my two frontal USB connectors. I'm not gonna change my case for one with 3.0 Frontal USB connector because that.

Calm down guys, I'm just commenting.

Piers
Level 8
I saw "bad design" in the description and starting thinking about location of various components... then I saw it's about a LED... OK
AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E (the worst motherboard I've owned in 25 years)
Corsair H150i Pro XT 360mm
32GB Corsair VENGEANGE LPX 3600MHz CL18
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Hybrid w/ 280mm radiator
M.2 WD 1TB SN550 | 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA | 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB | 400TB on a 48-bay Supermicro server
Corsair RM850X
Fractal Meshify 2
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro