cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh Installation of Windows 10 in G750JX!! Help!!

amitabhbansal
Level 7
friends
i have G750JX, which came with windows 8, i am now thinking to fresh install windows 10 in it, i have downloaded windows 10 from microsoft and made a dvd and a flash drive, yesterday i call one of the member of this group and he told me that he tried fresh installed windows 10 in his G750JX and one of his hard drive was not detected in the windows 10 and then he contacted asus support and they replaced the laptop and told him that we cant install fresh windows 10 in the laptop,
i am afraid to do it, please guys if someone fresh installed windows 10 in G750JX guide me and tell me if i can face such problem or not,
secondly i have heard there is many issues in sound drivers in windows 10, if it is solved then i will proceed to windows 10,
waiting for reply,
Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

amitabhbansal
Level 7
i have created a usb thumb drive UEFI of windows 10, but as i was following the guide from the group i am confused by MBR and GPT thing, secondly when i press and hold the ESC button at the startup screen, i cant see any other booting device instead of windows on C drive, what i am doing wrong i dont know, please help me in it,*
I have 3 more partitions which contains a lot of my data, if i fresh install windows will it be losted?

amitabhbansal wrote:
i have created a usb thumb drive UEFI of windows 10, but as i was following the guide from the group i am confused by MBR and GPT thing, secondly when i press and hold the ESC button at the startup screen, i cant see any other booting device instead of windows on C drive, what i am doing wrong i dont know, please help me in it,*
I have 3 more partitions which contains a lot of my data, if i fresh install windows will it be losted?

If you fresh install on the main partition where Windows is installed then the others won't be touched. MBR is the old (which I call legacy) partition table. GPT is the newer one which is used by Linux and Mac OS as well, not just Windows 8/8.1 and 10. I'd go with GPT.

Have you tried different USB ports? And what tutorial did you use to make the Windows 10 USB drive?