Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown device (ACPI)

pamarakos
Level 7
Hi all
I've got an unknown device on device manager

ACPI\PNP0A0B

which is not found anywhere through windows update or searching through the driver cd

I've done a google search and it appears that some users installed the Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 but it is not valid for our Z170 m/b I think

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25994/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0?v=t

So has anybody found a solution?

Thanks

P.S. You have to force to show hidden devices in Device manager for the acpi unknown to appear.
11 REPLIES 11

Chino wrote:
Have you installed the Intel MEI driver?

Thanks for responding

Yes it is installed and just to be sure I reinstalled it, unknown dev is unsolved

Chino wrote:
Which motherboard do you own?

Maximus viii formula updated with the latest bios

pamarakos wrote:
Maximus viii formula updated with the latest bios

you mean this?

it will go when you install ASUS AI Suite. but really i don't recommend its just hogs your pc and cause a lot of errors and bluescreens

AKBAAR wrote:
you mean this?

it will go when you install ASUS AI Suite. but really i don't recommend its just hogs your pc and cause a lot of errors and bluescreens

Yes thats it but I have ai suite 3.0 already installed...shall I reinstall it from the beginning? Have you solved yours this way?
A new version of.ai suite will come out soon which fixes a prob with the nvidia drivers of strix gpu cards so will wait for this

pamarakos wrote:
Yes thats it but I have ai suite 3.0 already installed...shall I reinstall it from the beginning? Have you solved yours this way?
A new version of.ai suite will come out soon which fixes a prob with the nvidia drivers of strix gpu cards so will wait for this

not really never bothered fixing it, most of the time windows auto update instal it for you. i don't use ai suite to be honest

GotKevlar
Level 7
1902 bios flaw from ASUS. disregard it. everyone that has updated to 1902 has this issue now. Waiting for asus to fix it.

GotKevlar wrote:
1902 bios flaw from ASUS. disregard it. everyone that has updated to 1902 has this issue now. Waiting for asus to fix it.

No, everyone dosent have it. I haven't installed AIsuit or anything other than drivers.