cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SonicStudio makes mouse lags when high usage CPU

BOLOYOO
Level 7
Welcome,

I have a problem with mouse lag at ~ 100% CPU load, which disappears when turned off SonicStudio. I struggled with this for some time, but off SonicStudio helps. I am disappointed, because not enough that I spent a lot of money on my Ranger, I still can't use any software, which is attached to it, because with EVERY is a problem! Even updates come only on Windows 10 ...

Spec:
CPU - i5 6600k
Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
GPU - GTX 970 MSI
Mobo - Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
PSU - XFX XTR 550W
SSD - Crucial MX200
OS - Windows 8.1/7 both 64bit

OC doesn't change anything.
11 REPLIES 11

Shakecip
Level 10
There is nothing you can do right now, i have the same problem so for now i disabled from startup SonicStudio.

BOLOYOO
Level 7
Ok, at least it's reported. I hope they will repair it.

BOLOYOO wrote:
Ok, at least it's reported. I hope they will repair it.

Well, I talked with asus live support and they said that they don't have any complaints about this and I rquested to look into it because allot of people has this problem. So my advice is that who has this problem to thalk with asus support to register this problem.

BOLOYOO
Level 7
Ok, done, thanks.

Piers
Level 8
I wouldn't count on a fix. I reported this about 8 months a go... I decided to remove all Asus Sonic Studio software/drivers and let Windows pick a Realtek driver - no more lag!
AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
ASUS ROG Strix B550-E (the worst motherboard I've owned in 25 years)
Corsair H150i Pro XT 360mm
32GB Corsair VENGEANGE LPX 3600MHz CL18
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Hybrid w/ 280mm radiator
M.2 WD 1TB SN550 | 2 * WD Blue 1TB SATA | 2 * Toshiba N300 8TB | 400TB on a 48-bay Supermicro server
Corsair RM850X
Fractal Meshify 2
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro

Yeah, it's still present in the latest 7910 version posted in the "Does not start" thread.

ondersma80
Level 7
I recommend the users that experience this share CPU model, motherboard model, connected port (USB 2/3/3.1), OS, and mouse model. Should be common denominators. I tried a logitech G700 and MS wireless mouse in my usb 2/3/3.1 ports along with the most recent official sonic studio and have no lag so combined with minority of reports here it is likely attributed to specific configs.

AKBAAR
Level 9
strange, I dont have this issue and i never encountered it ever, am using my mouse and keyboard on usb3 ports only

In my case, I'm running Intel 6700K with mild OC to 4.5GHz on Maximus VIII Hero. Mouse is Zowie FK1 set to 1000Hz pooling rate and plugged into the intel USB2 port (not the keybot one and not the rog connect one). Best way to replicate it on demand that I found is to run the Realbench stress test. That one makes the mouse skip around really bad if sonic studio is running.