cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V Edition 10 + ExtremeFX Unit (no sound)

russiandivxclub
Level 7
Hi guys quick question. I don't understand what I am missing here. Here is the situation.

I have Rampage C Edition 10 and I just hooked up FX unit. It was collecting dust in the box so I decided to test out it with my Beats headphones. I connected USB to the motherboard (I had to use USB3 to USB 2 adapter cause I am out of USB2, our board have only 2 plugs)

I connected 6pin power and installed drivers. I installed realtek and FX drivers.

Now here is the problem. I don't hear anything. If I connect my headphones to the motherboard in the back or front panel, right away I see windows telling me it see my headphones and RealTek control panel pops up. But If I connect same headphones to 3.5 mm jack in ExtremeFX unit ...nothing happen.

If I select it as default unit and play something , I see bars moving in sound control panel so I know signal is there, at list on the screen, but no sound, and no pop ups like with motherboard/front panel inputs. Any idea on what a hell is going on because I am clueless. I did tried diffirent cheap iphone headphones ... same story front panel works, negative on FX unit.

I did same thing I went to sound control and enable as default internal sound to test headphones , then switched to FX by defaulting it in sound control.

I also selected 3.5mm in SupremeFX control Panel. But again nothing is happening but I see bars moving when playing something, I see it in device manager ... odd

Please help out if you can. Also when opening SupremeFX Hi-Fi Control Panel and selecting 3.5mm or 6.3mm jack and press OK, what should happen ? Because for me, nothing happening. Yet they're talking about test impedance and select high-speed option. Where do I do all that ? Cause in Realtek control panel I don't see it. In my understanding this ASUS Sonic Studio IS RealTek control Panel but with ROG skin and stuff. Because I know RealTek normal panel and it does not look like this, ROG is not there and some other things diffirent.

Here are some images.

Device manager. No yellow marks or anything.

Sound Control Panel showing FX is selected as default unit.

RealTek Audio MAnager as I see it. I see on top it said SupremeFX, but ... I see nothing in terms of ports available on the bottom like they're showing analog ports, rear ports and digital.

SupremeFX Hi-Fi Control Panel, once I select 3.5 and click OK ...nothign happens.

Please let me know may be I am missing something.

Thank you !

P.S.

I did tried to turn a nub, may be it's too low ..... NOPE 😞
84 REPLIES 84

Halodies
Level 7
I'm facing the same issue, I'm using windows 10 1607, didn't try it on 1511, I can see the audio level moving but i can't hear anything through my headphones (beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO), i'm going to downgrade to 1511 today and check it out.

I can confirm the current version of ASUS SupremeFX Hi-Fi Driver Package Version_V1.9.114.20 does NOT work with Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607).

The software (SupremeFX Hi-Fi Control Panel) was working fine with Windows 10 (1511) but it stopped working after I updated Windows 10 to 1607.

When I click on the software's icon, it will prompt me to select the output jack type, 6.3mm or 3.5mm but nothing happens after selecting my option. Uninstall and reinstalling the software doesn't resolve the issue either.

I have since rollback to Windows 10 (1511) and the SupremeFX Hi-Fi software is working again and I'm able to use my headphones connected to the SupremeFX Hi-Fi.

This issue was reported in another thread, you can read more in this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?86798-SupremeFX-Hi-Fi-Beta-Feedback-Thread

Edit: You are supposed to see the following after selecting the headphone jack type;

Chino
Level 15
Apparently the software has a few issues with the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update. So for now I'd recommend you guys no update to that Windows version yet.

Also have you (russiandivxclub and Halodies) tried turning the knob to the right a few times to turn up the volume? I remember seeing the audio level moving and not hearing anything. I just had to turn up the volume on the DAC. It does take a few turns to start hearing the sound. 🙂

Chino wrote:
Apparently the software has a few issues with the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update. So for now I'd recommend you guys no update to that Windows version yet.

Also have you (russiandivxclub and Halodies) tried turning the knob to the right a few times to turn up the volume? I remember seeing the audio level moving and not hearing anything. I just had to turn up the volume on the DAC. It does take a few turns to start hearing the sound. 🙂

Just to confirm that I have the exact same issue. Rampage Edition 10 and SupremeFX drivers installed, showing the sound bars moving and no sound whatsoever.

I don't know if is only a Windows Anniversary Update bug, or lazy bad old driver from Asus, but thing is that with this motherboard I've had more problems then with any other motherboard I've ever had. Bluetooth isn't working at all either and SupremeFX is broken too.

More than 600€ spent on this board and we're kind of abandoned aren't we? This is totally unacceptable.

Chino wrote:

Hey guys, to confirm it too, DAC doesn't work under Windows 10 1607, I downgrade it to 1511 and the DAC worked, I tried to max out the volume using the Dial but still no sound.

Asus have just released a new SupremeFX driver which hopefully fixes this issue.

Realtek Audio
Audio:GM:V6.0.1.7829_GM_StudioSound_SonicSuite_2.2.25_SonicRadar_2.1.3301.0

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_V7829_20160630.zip?_ga=1.71379283.17630055...

I'm at the office now so I can't test. Anyone?

Catalonia wrote:
Asus have just released a new SupremeFX driver which hopefully fixes this issue.

Realtek Audio
Audio:GM:V6.0.1.7829_GM_StudioSound_SonicSuite_2.2.25_SonicRadar_2.1.3301.0

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/Realtek_Audio_V7829_20160630.zip?_ga=1.71379283.17630055...

I'm at the office now so I can't test. Anyone?

I'm back home and no, this are Realtek's only driver. No SupremeFX update at all. Still no sound on Windows 10 AU1. We must relay on the BETA from last May which is broken...

Asus? Is some representative reading this? When can we expect a driver update that makes our SupremeFX work?

Catalonia wrote:
I'm back home and no, this are Realtek's only driver. No SupremeFX update at all. Still no sound on Windows 10 AU1. We must relay on the BETA from last May which is broken...

Asus? Is some representative reading this? When can we expect a driver update that makes our SupremeFX work?

Seriously. What the heck.

ratzofftoya wrote:
Seriously. What the heck.

Explain