Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    Apparently the software has a few issues with the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update. So for now I'd recommend you guys no update to that Windows version yet.

Also have you (russiandivxclub and Halodies) tried turning the knob to the right a few times to turn up the volume? I remember seeing the audio level moving and not hearing anything. I just had to turn up the volume on the DAC. It does take a few turns to start hearing the sound.
    This is the most asinine "solution" ever.

Don't up update Windows 10 just to keep an already faulty component functional? Don't update your OS that is still in infancy and don't update to the latest rebuild? Don't update the OS even though competent component manufacturers like Nvidia release drivers that work alongside the latest Windows 10 update. Sure, let's make all the other factors in the PC suffer because Asus can't get their **** together. A beta driver is fine, right? It's not like I paid top dollar for the most expensive motherboard on the market today.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOxShadows View Post
    This is the most asinine "solution" ever.

Don't up update Windows 10 just to keep an already faulty component functional? Don't update your OS that is still in infancy and don't update to the latest rebuild? Don't update the OS even though competent component manufacturers like Nvidia release drivers that work alongside the latest Windows 10 update. Sure, let's make all the other factors in the PC suffer because Asus can't get their **** together. A beta driver is fine, right? It's not like I paid top dollar for the most expensive motherboard on the market today.
    Exactly. Plus, as far as I can tell, there's no way to "roll back" a new install of windows--it starts with AU as default, and doesn't provide a prior state.

The fact that this "Raja@ASUS" character chooses to reply to some posts but then completely ignores this issue that so many users are having is ridiculous.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Catalonia PC Specs
    Catalonia PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rampage V Eddition 10
    Processori7 6850k Broadwell-e @ 4.3GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz CL14 32GB 4x8GB
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q 165Hz G-Sync IPS
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 M.2 512GB NVME
    Storage #23TB WD RED
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150i PRO
    CaseCorsair 780T Black
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Audio Technica DSR9BT
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 Polaris RGB
    OS W10
    Network RouterAsus GT-AC5300

Quote Originally Posted by ratzofftoya View Post
    Exactly. Plus, as far as I can tell, there's no way to "roll back" a new install of windows--it starts with AU as default, and doesn't provide a prior state.

The fact that this "Raja@ASUS" character chooses to reply to some posts but then completely ignores this issue that so many users are having is ridiculous.
    I still have some days left in order to return my Rampage V Edition 10 to Amazon... I wonder if the MSI's Godlike Carbon users have no BT and no sound in Windows 10 AU1...

Catalonia PC Specs
    Storage #23TB WD RED
    CaseCorsair 780T Black
    Mouse Logitech G903
    OS W10

Quote Originally Posted by Catalonia View Post
    I still have some days left in order to return my Rampage V Edition 10 to Amazon... I wonder if the MSI's Godlike Carbon users have no BT and no sound in Windows 10 AU1...
    I can't stop laughing.

Even if the onboard Realtek sound device kind of works in W10 AU1, it have some really bad issue with current drivers. (Try it yourself, put headphones on directly connected to the MB and pause a video in youtube or any sound. There is this one second lag background noise)

Since I have to use wired headphones connected to the back of the MB. as Bluetooth doesn't work and SupremeFX doesn't work either, I tried to live with it hoping to get an updated driver with no luck. Today after what I said in this comment I'm replaying, I went to MSI's Godlike Carbon drivers webpage just to keep an eye on their driver's, and they seem to have a newer Realtelk driver... Decided to download it and, BOOM! Now sound is perfect.

Thanks MSI to take care of Asus's Rampage V Edition 10 customers!

Here the link: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/supp...ver&Win10%2064

Now I'll try the Bluetooth driver, maybe we're lucky too!
    Last edited by Catalonia; 08-31-2016 at 09:45 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Catalonio "sound is perfect": please elaborate...

I don't think ASUS software department is the greatest (never has been other than amateurish, still better than Gigabyte, LOL, not sure about MSI, but MSI website is 1000 times faster than Asus) and production QA supervision isn't either top like lets say in Europe, but the parts are mostly fine. I think they have too many departments each running on its own.

In this case it looks like the installation routine is buggy. I got it working perfectly on one Win 10 AU Home 64-bit partition. But on my Win 10 AU Pro 64-bit partition it just doesn't work.

And then you have lacking feature integration: no working headphones detection on an "all REaltek" mobo+hifi box is totally stu pid. Can't count the times that I start a game with the wrong audio having to restart it and always having to check before launching a game which audiodevice and output is preselected... Zzzz Always in beta, living by forum posts to make things work, maybe that's why (stupid or clever?) sheep turn towards consoles and macs...
    Last edited by erixx11; 08-31-2016 at 09:53 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by erixx11 View Post
    Catalonio "sound is perfect": please elaborate...

I don't think ASUS software department is the greatest (never has been other than amateurish, still better than Gigabyte, LOL, not sure about MSI, but MSI website is 1000 times faster than Asus) and production QA supervision isn't either top like lets say in Europe, but the parts are mostly fine. I think they have too many departments each running on its own.

In this case it looks like the installation routine is buggy. I got it working perfectly on one Win 10 AU Home 64-bit partition. But on my Win 10 AU Pro 64-bit partition it just doesn't work.

And then you have lacking feature integration: no working headphones detection on an "all REaltek" mobo+hifi box is totally stu pid. Can't count the times that I start a game with the wrong audio having to restart it and always having to check before launching a game which audiodevice and output is preselected... Zzzz Always in beta, living by forum posts to make things work, maybe that's why (stupid or clever?) sheep turn towards consoles and macs...
    You have the DAC working?

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Just like Chino, yes

Catalonia PC Specs
    Storage #23TB WD RED
    CaseCorsair 780T Black
    Mouse Logitech G903
    OS W10

I was trying to be ironic. At least, I don't experience this one second crazy background noise after any sounds stops. And I'm talking about the Realtek MB soundcard. With very, very low quality sound output the kind of quality you get in a 59€ 1151 Motherboard.

The SupremeFX module isn't working at all. Same issue as many users, seems to be installed and even sound bars are moving but no sound.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by erixx11 View Post
    Just like Chino, yes
    But Chino says he has it working by not updating to AU, right? You said your's is working on W10AU 64-Bit Home.

Catalonia PC Specs
    Storage #23TB WD RED
    CaseCorsair 780T Black
    Mouse Logitech G903
    OS W10

But Chino says he has it working by not updating to AU, right? You said your's is working on W10AU 64-Bit Home.
    As far as I'm concerned, SupremeFX isn't working in W10AU1 for anybody. ASUS recommends installing Windows XP (they have beta drivers already available) or Windows 98SE with way more solid and polished drivers for SupremeFX.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast