cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this enough dead pixels on my Rog Swift PG278Q for a replacement

bhavvv
Level 7
My Rog Swift PG278Q is just 2 years and 1 month old (preordered and bought on release date in the UK pretty much), and to me it looks like this is a lot more than 5 dead pixels (looks like around 15):

Asus' website for my monitor says that more than 5 dark pixels is over the accpetance level of 3-5:

https://www.asus.com/uk/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/HelpDesk_Warranty/

I've had the same dead pixels for a while, but didnt realize how many it was until I took a closer picture of them just today.

Thanks for any help.
3 REPLIES 3

cljustin
Level 8
Yes, you should have enough dead pixels to get a replacement.

They are sending me a new one and picking up mine when I get the replacement!

Wow, and I only ever hear bad things about Asus RMA.

Its coming tomorrow morning. Send them a picture of your dead pixels (has to be more than 5) and you get a new monitor in a few days.

Or it could be a refurb, as long as it doesnt have any dead pixels or damage.

Like Id imagine with the one Im sending back, they would just replace the screen and anything else that tests bad, and then use it for someone elses replacement.

Very nice, I got my replacement this morning and gave my old one back. The new one has no dead pixels.

One slight problem was that I packaged my old one into its original box which I had kept, but the new one had some paperwork in it that the courier was meant to keep and return along with it oops.

I emailed Asus support right away to tell them.

I think I'll also be buying an extended warranty when my third year runs out now.