cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Asus even quality control bro? (PG279Q)

bakteria
Level 7

PG279Q
First one had insane back light bleed.
And this one.. Well.. I don't even
Asus Maximus VIII Ranger
i7 - 6700K
Corsair Vengance LPX 16GB DDR5
EVGA Titan x2
Samsung 840 250gb, Intel 330 120gb
Corsair HX1000i
7 REPLIES 7

Bahz
Level 12
Did you receive the replacement from retailer or from ASUS service? If it's from the retailer then it's very likely a case where a user damaged the monitor and returned to the retailer for refund and claimed it was never opened and the retailer didn't bother to check and you were replaced with a damaged monitor. I personally have had this happen to me before and the retailer found out and explained to me that it was believed to be BNIB but after checking history that the same unit was sold to another customer and returned previously.

Hertz
Level 7
I've opened 10 (!!!) displays from September/October batches and they all had foam sticking in the bottom right corner just as the topic starter shows, so no, it's not a retailer issue.

Hertz wrote:
I've opened 10 (!!!) displays from September/October batches and they all had foam sticking in the bottom right corner just as the topic starter shows, so no, it's not a retailer issue.

Probably a great idea to take picture of all 10 and show it here to show some credibility.. 10 that has the same problem sounds like a bit over exaggerated since I opened 3 boxes with my buddy who just bought 3 of these like recently and none of them had this problem.

I must be terribly lucky with lotteries (time to buy an Euro jackpot ticket) because mine has a very minimal BLB, and I got it with a discount of -25% as a shop demo. There is no foam coming out anywhere either, maybe I don't know where to look. February 2016 build.
To be fair, I use it with brightness of 0, it's plenty for my lighting conditions. Sometimes I up it a bit to 12, if it's sunny outside. When I crank the brightness up to default 80 or more, there is definitely some mild yellowish BLB noticable on lower and upper right corners on a black test screen but it looks nothing close to the exaggerated pictures you can find on your internets.

One thing I must say - the IPS glow is the strongest I've seen of any of IPS monitors I had, and most pronounced in both right corners. I'm sure at least part of those problem reports come from previous TN panel users who take IPS glow for a BLB.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the picture and monitor in general. One thing that annoys me though is the lack of shortcut button for input switching, even more that the vertical line/Gsync issue which I had a couple of times.

Whoa, was this monitor brand new, or refurbished? That's amazing if it's brand new and came like that. Did you get it replaced?

InfernoStorm wrote:
Probably a great idea to take picture of all 10 and show it here to show some credibility.. 10 that has the same problem sounds like a bit over exaggerated since I opened 3 boxes with my buddy who just bought 3 of these like recently and none of them had this problem.

Yes but of course, I'll return to the store just for you and ask the retailer to give me the exact same displays after 7 months to take a photo.

Lacan
Level 7
Wow... and I was complaining about small micro scratches in the panel from the bubble wrap. I don't even know what to say to that...