cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PC not display and keep looping restart

cucumi
Level 7
Hello guys i need some help here. After so long waiting for Asus 1080 OC and now my PC is fully complete.

This is my PC spec:
- Asus MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME
- Trident Z 3400MHz 16GB X2
- Intel Core i7-6700k
- Samsung 950 PRO M.2 512GB
- Corsair AX860i
- Corsair H115i
- GTX 1080 OC

Ok i have couple problem need to ask here;

1) After im finish setup my PC, my 1st time turn the power on eveything on my board is working fine include fan and etc. Im connected my GC with HDMI SmartTV, but for the 1st time running there is no display on my SmartTV, even BIOS also not display up.
Im keep unplug PSU and tried to power up again there is still no display even almost 10 times. Finally i decided to press 'Start' button on board, and whoaaa finally its got display. (Well im not mind because i thought VIII Extreme required to press the start button on board for the 1st time?)
After everything is display, im keep install windows and a few game, im running my PC almost 2 day at my home and everythng is working fine even im press power button from my casing (for the 1st time no display after im power up from casing button), display is working fine.

2) On the next Tuesday, im bring PC to my office. I tried connected my PC using HDMi to my screen. After plugin the PSU cable, i press power button on casing there is no display again uarghhhhhhh.... At this time my PC keep looping restart. So i decided to remove all RAM, unplug all cable connected to board, remove GC and Cmos battery then its working fine from now and im happy playing game.

3) Today, the weird thing is happened again. After i tried to power on my PC, its keep looping restart. What i need to do is i need to remove 24PIN PSU cable from the PSU and reinsert it again, then its working (please refer the video)

Ok now i need to remove and insert again everyday that PSU 24Pin cable if i want my PC working as normal lol. What exactly my problem? Board problem or PSU not supported? I really need help guys, sorry for my noob english.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11

Malaysia_ROG
Level 7
Hi cucumi,

Regarding your problem, can you unplug any cable from the casing to the motherboard, such as the power on/off, reset, and audio cable.

And temporally use the start button on the motherboard to power on the PC.

Do you have extra PSU that you can test?

Does this problem happen previously before you plug in the VGA card?

Thank you

Regarding your problem, can you unplug any cable from the casing to the motherboard, such as the power on/off, reset, and audio cable.

And temporally use the start button on the motherboard to power on the PC.

Yes, i did. I removed 24pin cable from PSU and plugin again, then click power button on casing and its working. But i think tomorrow it will happen the same thing again.

Do you have extra PSU that you can test?
No i dont 😞

Does this problem happen previously before you plug in the VGA card?
Before this my PC is powered up, only no display.

Malaysia_ROG
Level 7
Hi cucumi,

Can you try reassemble all the component and test again. Worst case is to take the motherboard out of the casing and test for few days.

You can event try updating the BIOS to the latest by using the USB flashback method.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Thank you

Malaysia_ROG wrote:
Hi cucumi,

Can you try reassemble all the component and test again. Worst case is to take the motherboard out of the casing and test for few days.

You can event try updating the BIOS to the latest by using the USB flashback method.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Thank you

Ok ill try tomorrow.

Chino
Level 15
Take your system out of the computer case and test it on top of the motherboard cardboard box. See if you still get those restarts.

By the quality of your video, I cannot tell if you've connected the 8 pin power cable to the motherboard. Have you? 🙂

Ok updated for today.

Just now i power on my PC, its working fine. Playing BF4 around 5min then my PC automatic restart and keep looping. After that i switch on my PC anymore until im unplug and plugin again 24pin PSU.

Another video:

Chino wrote:
Take your system out of the computer case and test it on top of the motherboard cardboard box. See if you still get those restarts.

By the quality of your video, I cannot tell if you've connected the 8 pin power cable to the motherboard. Have you? 🙂

Ofcourse mate

Now its happen again, yeah..... Need to unplug 24pin PSU cable then plugin it again and everything is ok. Already updated new BIOS, so what problem O.O