cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G800VI markted without the dock but dock conections present at least on pics.

winyl
Level 9
I see here Asus is marketing single gtx1080 ROG G800VI without the dock,but I see, at least on the pics, connections for the dock.
Does this mean if I want to overclock it, as they advertise on the page, I have to buy the dock separately?

I presume, Asus will be selling the dock separately, 'cause they have a history of not selling the parts separately for previous G series notebooks, like SSD bracket for G751 :mad:.
Any news from suporrt on that matter?

I can assure I sue Asus if I can not buy the dock separately, and they advertise I can overclock it, but not without the dock, I presume.
6 REPLIES 6

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
already available for purchase? Maybe we should ask retailer for better understanding.

winyl
Level 9
DirectDial
NCIXUS
XoticPC

Available for purchase as you can see.
XoticPc has diffrent pics for G800VI, where it looks exactly like G752. So which page is right Xotics or Asus? Oh and G800Vi does not have CD drive.
I think Xoptics have took G752 pics, 'cause I see a CD drive on the left on their pics.
On NCIXUS I can not see a mention of the dock in the package as well in the text or pics.

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
But for that price, simple not worth it anymore.

What happened to ASUS? Are they trying to suicide?

ASUS NOT WORTH THAT PRICE ANYMORE! GOOD LUCK SELLING THAT.

Do you know you can get MSI SLI!!! SLI 1080 OC with i7 6820HK OC!!! With lower or equal to that price?
You can get Good audio, RGB keyboard, Good display, Good cooling without the dock, Good upgrade options, Good Wifi, Goodbye ASUS.
focusing profit instead of Republic of games, just like politics.

Time to move guys. We're not sheep or minions.

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
But for that price, simple not worth it anymore.

What happened to ASUS? Are they trying to suicide?

ASUS NOT WORTH THAT PRICE ANYMORE! GOOD LUCK SELLING THAT.

Do you know you can get MSI SLI!!! SLI 1080 OC with i7 6820HK OC!!! With lower or equal to that price?
You can get Good audio, RGB keyboard, Good display, Good cooling without the dock, Good upgrade options, Good Wifi, Goodbye ASUS.
focusing profit instead of Republic of games, just like politics.

Time to move guys. We're not sheep or minions.

I hate to agree with you, but I do. I love ASUS, and I still think they make the best motherboards and displays but this whole 10 series debacle has really been a deal breaker for laptops.

Also, I was very disappointed in the G752VS I am returning for a few reasons. Not supporting 120Hz even though their ROG site says it will but another site of theirs said it does not. The build quality from my G751JY seems to be less, the lid of the laptop feels very cheap and fragile. For what ever reason its considerably bigger than the G751JY, I cant even fit it in the same bag that the G751JY fit into perfectly. Have a preset OC setting that actually makes it run too hot and result in lower performance compared to when its set to normal. And that fact the only 1080 equipped ASUS is $4,500. This is going to make me go with MSI for this round, I just hope they can improve so I can come back in two years when I upgrade again.

winyl
Level 9
Yeap. I Wonder how much Asus will ask for the dock 500$. Then the G800VI grows in price to over 5000$, 'cause I pretty sure it can't be overclocked without the dock as they advertise on their site.

The Msi response is Titan GT73VR 6RF wich is 775$ cheaper on NCIXUS than G800VI and does not require liquid cooling dock.
For that price Asus should include the dock in the package.
I am too dissappointed with G752vy. It has 18 inch screen lid but Asus have chosen to fit a 17,3 inch screen in it, which gave the laptop very wide bezels and looks of all mid 90's laptops.
Before release Asus talked about 18'' screen in G752, but they did not do it eventually. SO this is a double facepalm for me.

If the price for G800VI does not drop I think I go with Titan this time.

winyl
Level 9
ROG G701VI seems to be G752 replacement with 1080. Looks exactly the same as G752 but has better gpu and cpu.

ROG 800VI I suppose it has been canceled by Asus,because I can not see it in any shops. There will be only GX800VO which is SLI vresion of 701 with two 1080s. But tehere is rumor if Asus will ever release its liquid cooled laptop for general public.