Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by morzseya View Post
    Hi,
    Thank you for your work. It's really amazing!
    I am thinking some modification, but my c++ skills are very low.
    Could you create a simple modified version of AsusNbKeys to remap only the ROG key? And leave the other hotkeys with the original settings
    sorry, I can't, since this require A LOT of free time, and coding isn't my specialty ( it's just a hobby ).
    nontheless, if you ONLY want to rebind the ROG key, perform the guide, enter AsusNbKeys setup screen -> wipe all the current bindings ( i.e reset them to the default "asus" way ) -> then add only the ROG key and bind it to whatever you want.

that way, only the ROG key will be remap and the rest will work as Asus intended for them

My bad, but if is use this program, I cant use the keyboard light modifier hotkey, display off, etc. This progam trapped all of the orignal settings, and don't let them to run. How can we leave that in the original state?
    have you got my "AsusNbKeys_Win8_10_FIX.zip" file from the guide ?
    I ask because that should solves that issue...

if you've done that but still got the same issue, your laptop might need different "exe" from some latest ATK package.
    you need to do some extraction work...look at my guide under the "HOW TO DO STEP 6 THE MANUALY "
    You of course need OTHER VERSION of ATK pacakge, not the one I linked in that guide... then perform the rest of that guide to extract the installer and getting the right "exe" that solves this issue of yours.

just to be clear, you need to install OLDER "ATK pacakge" as I wrote in my guide, then extract some EXE from one of the newest "ATK PACKAGE" ( DO NO INSTALL IT ) then copy these exe in the installed "atk package" folder under it "program files" sub-folder as I wrote in the guide.

New ROGer Array

Thank you for your fast response! It will be perfect for me, if it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    then extract some EXE from one of the newest "ATK PACKAGE" ( DO NO INSTALL IT ) then copy these exe in the installed "atk package" folder
    I need to overwrite the hcontrol.exe (after hexa modification) from this new package? Is it important to use 32 bit version of the new package?

I have a GL502VT.

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Thank you for your fast response! It will be perfect for me, if it could work.

I need to overwrite the hcontrol.exe (after hexa modification) from this new package? Is it important to use 32 bit version of the new package?

I have a GL502VT.
    A. the ATK package that AsusNBKeys is based on is 32bit based, but works for 32 AND 64 bits windows.
    B. I miss read your 1st post...sorry.
    if you can't control the lights, then performing step 6 alone ( i.e searching only for touchpad fix ) might not be enough.
    you can try though to extract from newer ATK package EXE like "KBFiltr.exe OR HControlUser.exe" then copy then to the installed ATK (OLD VERSION) from my guide.

installing the latest ATK package and trying to HEX edit it - won't work since Asus made deep changes to HControl.exe.
    So support for GL502xx serie, might simply be not existance for current AsusNBKeys release.
    unfortunately, as I stated, I don't plan to continue development on this project.
    nonetheless, all the source code is publish in my guide - so anyone is welcome to take it further.

P.S - and not directl related - a small explanation about another reason why I don't continue development:
    After my last RMA, I understood that my local Asus are a group of ignorant non-caring s**ty group of ppl, thus I stopped my activity in this forum and any related development.
    Asus should treat their costumers EQUALLY ON THE GLOBE, SO THAT WHEN THEY SCREW UP THEY SHOULD KNOW THEY NEED TO OFFER COMPENSATION !

New ROGer Array

I give up, it does not work. Thank you for the lot of help and for this great guide!

Best regards,
    Laszlo

P.S - and not directl related - a small explanation about another reason why I don't continue development:
    After my last RMA, I understood that my local Asus are a group of ignorant non-caring s**ty group of ppl, thus I stopped my activity in this forum and any related development.
    Asus should treat their costumers EQUALLY ON THE GLOBE, SO THAT WHEN THEY SCREW UP THEY SHOULD KNOW THEY NEED TO OFFER COMPENSATION !
    I'm sorry for hear that, but you are right.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for the guide.
    Unfortunately, it does not work for me: when adding a new event, i hit the ROG key I'd like to map, and nothing happens / the event is not found.
    Last edited by Cmoua; 07-22-2017 at 11:01 AM.

New ROGer Array

Hi Gps3dx, thanks for the work and effort you put in this.
    Did you ever find whether mapping the rog key on a GL702VT with Windows 10 is possible? I'm trying to figure out if I should invest time in trying to make this work.
    Last edited by Cmoua; 07-22-2017 at 01:14 PM.

New ROGer Array

Not being able to have an End key really bothers me as I develop in my spare time and this key is very useful.
    Thus, I had to find a solution.

Here is what I ended up with: a small application which listens to keypresses globaly, and when a specific key configured by the user is pressed, it replaces it with an End key press.
    It runs on a Windows 10 64 bits, I did not test it on other platforms but it should run as long as you have .NET framework 4.5.2.
    When launched, it does not appear in the taskbar, nor does it appear in the tray or in the Alt+Tab apps list.
    It appears as a process in the task manager, the name is ReplaceKeyByEnd. If you want to close the application, just kill this process.

Please be advised that one should never use an exe downloaded from a stranger on the web: always use protection!
    So either you execute it in a virtual machine, or you execute an anti virus software on it or you use the source code to make sure there is nothing fishy, then build and only then execute.

How to use:

1/ First, in the config file, modify the following parameter value with the key you want replaced by END (in this example, the Pause key which I don't use):
    <add key="KEY_TO_REPLACE_BY_END" value="Pause"/>
    List of values possible (see column Member name): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...v=vs.110).aspx

2/ Then, you can simply launch it (double click on exe) in order to test it and see if it fits your need.

3/ If it does, in order for this tool to start when booting, place a shortcut to the exe in C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Source code (my IDE is Visual Studio 2015):
    https://mega.nz/#!sjQzVAgB!cbEXwTNwP...s0LRoN8FJ5gDCc

Exe file + configuration file:
    https://mega.nz/#!sjQzVAgB!cbEXwTNwP...s0LRoN8FJ5gDCc
    https://mega.nz/#!dyZ2SKoB!53It5e-zC...Dsfi0Ppj98BhX8

Hope this helps someone.

TODO: allow shift+End or Ctrl+End.
    Last edited by Cmoua; 07-22-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoua View Post
    Here is what I ended up with: a small application which listens to keypresses globaly, and when a specific key configured by the user is pressed, it replaces it with an End key press.
    It runs on a Windows 10 64 bits, I did not test it on other platforms but it should run as long as you have .NET framework 4.5.2.
    When launched, it does not appear in the taskbar, nor does it appear in the tray or in the Alt+Tab apps list.
    Nicely done.
    Are you familiar with these FREE apps on the web to rebind any regular KB keys, like SharpKeys, autohotkeys ?
    Also, I would suggest, for archiving reasons, that you upload your files using the forum upload feature.
    your work is small, KB of data... just zip them, then you'll be able to upload them for sure.
    "Mega" has a past of site wide shut-down due to sues...

About AsusNBkeys not able to rebind END key...
    Please note that AsusNBKeys was NOT originally develop for whole keyboard rebinding, but only for the *special* extra ASUS buttons, excluding m1,m2,m3 on the G751/2 serie.
    In my guide's header/title, I post a key list, which can be rebind, and END/HOME/DEL/INS/PGU/PGD are NOT part of this list.

now, about it not working on the GL502 serie - you're the 2nd person to report that -> i'll updated the OP to clear that it is NOT working for this laptop serie.
    there's nothing I can do about it - I think that the whole HW is different then the G series.
    just to be clear - my guide, i.e AsusNBKeys, was originally developed in early days of the G51J serie...my additional coding did not change its core so much, so it supports any G serie for sure, i.e G51, G55,G75, G551, G751, G752 etc...
    I didn't hear about it working on any of past or present GL serie.

New ROGer Array

Nicely done.
    Are you familiar with these FREE apps on the web to rebind any regular KB keys, like SharpKeys, autohotkeys ?
    Also, I would suggest, for archiving reasons, that you upload your files using the forum upload feature.
    your work is small, KB of data... just zip them, then you'll be able to upload them for sure.
    "Mega" has a past of site wide shut-down due to sues...
    I was not and it turns out SharpKeys does the trick perfectly! I mapped my print screen key to End and everything works great.
    I wish I could bind the power key but it does not seem to be possible.

Thanks Gps3dx

Gps3dx PC Specs
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Cmoua View Post
    I was not and it turns out SharpKeys does the trick perfectly! I mapped my print screen key to End and everything works great.
    I wish I could bind the power key but it does not seem to be possible.

Thanks Gps3dx
    sure :-)
    power key is somewhat a special key on laptops...its code might be different between manufacturers.
    I know that windows can remap it to sleep, shutdown, turn off screen or none ( in win10, go to power settings look for "choose what the power buttons do").

there are hints over the net, nontheless.
    with autohotkeys... here... if you manage to find the code for the button, you can remap it... don't forget to change windows's own remap to "none" under the power seetings.

lastly I just checked AsusNBKeys, and it can NOT rebind the power key.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast