cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd attempt and problem with ROG Spatha

Brighttail
Level 11
Greetings ASUS,

I'm looking for some information about an issue I'm having with the ROG Spatha Mouse.

This happens in both wireless and wired mode but simply put, the mouse pointer does not like to sit still. I'll use it and then move my hand off the mouse to type and it will start moving slowly across the screen in any number of random directions.

I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I have ensured the firmware is up to date. I have calibrated the mouse pad and have used several different types.

Same issue. The mouse pointer just moves.

So what else can I do? I run Win 10 Pro. I use the Asus Rampage Extreme Edition 10 and the rest of my specs can be seen in my signature.

Thanks.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
2 REPLIES 2

Bahz
Level 12
So based on your specs, you're using the mouse on the Corsair MM600? Have you tried a different mousepad to see if it does the same thing? My Spatha doesn't do that on my mousepad or on my wood desk. It's most likely a defective sensor on the mouse.

Bahz wrote:
So based on your specs, you're using the mouse on the Corsair MM600? Have you tried a different mousepad to see if it does the same thing? My Spatha doesn't do that on my mousepad or on my wood desk. It's most likely a defective sensor on the mouse.

I have used it also with the Razer Mamba with the same issue. So this is an RMA issue then?
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop