cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Willing to buy PG248Q BUT!.......

Dmitriy957
Level 7
Couple weeks ago i might able to buy an ASUS PG248Q.. When i turn this monitor on and make background white, the top was yellowish and bottom was like white.
Unfortunatly i did not take photos but in this review you can see what i'm talking about.

So i wondering. Is this normal for this monitor or not? I really like it! But this is really strange. Especially for premium monitor.

http://www.3dnews.ru/937256/page-2.html

11 REPLIES 11

Bahz
Level 12
The pictures are never very accurate but it should be backlight bleeding since it's kind of a yellow glow and it's only appearing on the edges. You should return it to the retailer where you purchased it for exchange if the level of backlight bleeding so above what you feel is tolerable. The TN panels don't really have much problems with backlight bleeding so it's quite rare to see this problem for the PG248Q, so it's very unlikely you'll receive a 2nd unit with the same problem.

Also some monitors may have a more yellowish white color as it actually means it's more accurate in colors and doesn't have as much blue light effect. When adjusting the blue light filter you'll see that you can adjust the white levels, when white appears very white then you're exposed to much higher levels of blue light which isn't good for your eyes after long periods of use.

oG_kill3r
Level 7
I picked up a PG278Q two weeks ago , absolutely love this monitor , no back light bleed or dead pixels !

27 inch is big for me 🙂

Crashcourse316
Level 9
Dmitriy957 wrote:
Couple weeks ago i might able to buy an ASUS PG248Q.. When i turn this monitor on and make background white, the top was yellowish and bottom was like white.
Unfortunatly i did not take photos but in this review you can see what i'm talking about.

So i wondering. Is this normal for this monitor or not? I really like it! But this is really strange. Especially for premium monitor.

To answer your question, no its not normal for there to be a big color different across the monitor. As one of the other responses posted about the blue light levels and stuff, that is true but the monitor shouldn't show yellow tint on half the monitor and bright white on the other half. Now what I have notices with these "top of the line" displays from AU Optronics is that I have gone through 4 PG279Q's and they all had the yellow tint issue you are describing. Some less than others but they all had uniformity issues with the yellow tint. I stuck with the latest one I got (5th one) because it was much less than compared to the others I had. Also some users reported that the issue fades over time with use. Not sure how accurate that is though. What I would do is use it normally and try and pick out the issue while doing your main activity (which I would assume is gaming). The biggest issue is Back light bleed, If you can't notice much of that then I would keep the monitor as the color temp uniformity should be completely unnoticeable in game.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Crashcourse316

Thanks for this information! I can't believe thay don't fix this.

Dmitriy957 wrote:
Crashcourse316

Thanks for this information! I can't believe thay don't fix this.

Yea I thought the same thing at first but logic doesn't mean jack in the game of $$$. I jsut wish the screen was uniform in color if the whole screen was slightly tinted yellow I wouldn't mind because I can adjust for that. But you can't adjust half yours screen.

I think this is just how its going to be with AU Optronics winning the bidding for the IPS panel this year. In my opinion its gotta be AU Optronics cutting a corner somewhere on manufacturing to save cash. I have seen panels that have signs of this same issue but its not even close to being as obviously tinted as these AU Optronics panels in these recent Asus models. Also the monitors Ive seen wit hthis issue are only $100-$150 monitors.

Once someone else out bids them Asus will switch. Maybe we will have a 4k 165hz by then

On a side note I'll take a look at my monitor at home and maybe upload a pic of what it looks like now compared to when I first turned it on. I'll let you know if I see a difference that would point to it getting better over time.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Crashcourse316

It seems this unit is don't have this yellowish tint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2JVMjsw_lQ

Hi guys, mee too I would like to buy this monitor, but I'm afraid of the yellowish issue. Looking on google doesn't seems that this problem is affecting may monitors, but I don't know, I would be sure to receive it without issues. So, is this problem fixed by manufacturing process recently or?

Janne-71
Level 7
This is not even ips monitor? How is it possible some of them have yellow tint?