cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIE - Need help to setup RAMPAGE V EDITION 10.

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi. I`m building my new rig using Rampage V Edition 10 and i7 6850K. I also planning to use 2X Intel 750 series 400gb on Raid 0.
I just now purchase GTX Titan x pascal on Nvidia website for only USD 1200 😄 . I`m gonna do Titan 2way SLI on my new rig.
I have 2 cards of GTX 680 from my old rig and I`m gonna use one of them as a physx card.

Now I face a problem. RVE10 (Rampage V Edition 10) is only have 40 PCIE lanes.
If I do native 16X SLI with 2 Titans it takes 2X16 Lanes = 32 PCIE lanes?
if I were to use M.2 and U.2 it takes 8 Pcie lanes, am I correct?

In Asus RVE manual it mention that The PCIEX8_4 slot shares bandwidth with M.2 and U.2.
Manual also mention The PCIEX4_1 slot shares bandwidth with front USB3_34 ports and back USB3.1_EC1_EA2 ports.
If a X2 device is connected to the PCIEx4_1 slot, the front USB3_34 ports will be disabled.
If a X4 or higher device is connected to the PCIEx4_1 slot, both front USB3_34 and back USB3.1_EC1_EA2 ports will be disabled.

If I add GTX 680 card as a physx card on PCIE X8-2 will it use 8 PCIE lanes?I so can we make it to use one PCIE lane or 2?

If my understanding is right-
Titan X SLI PCIEX16_1 and PCIE X16_3 = 32 PCIE lanes.
PCIE X4_1 is for USB = 4 PCIE lanes.
GTX 680 physx = 8 PCIE lanes.
m.2 + U.2 use PCIE X8_4 = 8 PCIE lanes.

If my calculation is correct. There is a possibility that i`m totally wrong and I wish I`am, then it might need 52 PCIE lanes to work.
If i run Titans in 8X if it gonna be lose of performance? I really cant figure it out and i feel awful :(.
I`ll add 2 photos of what I download from Asus RVE10 manual.

Little help is much appreciated.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings :cool:...
3 REPLIES 3

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
There is no point running a 680 as a PhysX card. The SLI Titans will run Phys X much better even if they are highly loaded...the case where they are so highlt loaded that they need to offload physx would be rare not to say unnecessary ...

Raid 0 would not be bios raid....windows software raid and might be slower than running a single high capacoty boot drive.

rog-classified
Level 9
Hi guys. How may I boot and install win 10 on a Rampage 5 edition 10. I have a Intel 750 1.2 Tb U.2 SSD. Do I have to do something on bios to get ti to boot on NVMe or just select it in bios. I didnt got to run the mobo yet as im waiting my new PSU. If anyone can explane me or point me the right direction please.
Thank you.
It ain't over till the fat lady sings :cool:...