Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Sonic Studio not working after update to win 10 10th anv

wcoffee
Level 7
hi to all of the ROG family.

So i just upgraded my pc to all new parts.. so far happy has hell 😄
but some asus rog programs on installation i got this error " not comptable with our version"
so i end up by updating my win 10 to the new win 10 "10th ann".
then all the software strated working fine but no sonic studio.

Allready uninstalled and re-installed all drivers .. no sucess.

can you guys help?

thanks in advance
23 REPLIES 23

raodk
Level 7
Hi

Supreme-Fx HIFI DAC wont work(neither software nor audio output)
Sonic studio application wont launch.(but you do get audio)
I have done lot of messing around with drivers and there seems to be some sort of device clash between these two.
The only stand by solution was to disable supremefx hifi DAC in device manager.
Then sonic studio app will launch.

Micro**** messed up with this build of windows.
We need to wait until Micro**** or Asus(They don't seem to care anyways) provides update.

There are other issues as well here and therte. So i rolled back to build 1511. I wont update to AU until for next 2 months atlest 😛

//DK

this is so F*cked up. i just bought all these new parts costed me a fortune and somethings don't even work.
i rolled back to win 10 but after that all my asus graphics card stoped working... " not compatible with this system" thanks a lot asus or microsoft.
so back again to new update and all works fine but still no sonic studio.

i can't even hear quality music on my logitech speakers.

:mad:

Here I thought I was the only one with this problem. I just went through hell trying reinstall the Realtech drivers. Kept going to the uninstall and reboot then right back to install yet it would uninstall and reboot. Finally had to remove the Realtech hardware and drivers then run the realtech install again to keep windows from interfering and installing the drivers on reboot which made the Asus realtech driver install just go right back and uninstall then reboot cycle all over again.

So nice to know it was the Anniversary update that killed Sonic Studio from opening. I click the image and nothing happens. 😞 I was on win 7 with it working fine. Upgraded to a Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 drive for my OS and installed Win 10 and the anniversary update and viola no more Sonic Studio. 😞

In the process of this I've lost the control panel and Sonic Suite icons and can't seem to find them anymore. Can someone tell me where exactly the files are for these two programs so I can add them back to easy access on my start menu. I don't know why they didn't show up with reinstalling the realtech drivers. Probably something with that right click and do not show in this list deal with Windows 10. So now they are hidden and I don't know how to get them back after reinstalling and loosing the icons on the right side of the start menu. 😞

scgt1 wrote:
Here I thought I was the only one with this problem. I just went through hell trying reinstall the Realtech drivers. Kept going to the uninstall and reboot then right back to install yet it would uninstall and reboot. Finally had to remove the Realtech hardware and drivers then run the realtech install again to keep windows from interfering and installing the drivers on reboot which made the Asus realtech driver install just go right back and uninstall then reboot cycle all over again.

So nice to know it was the Anniversary update that killed Sonic Studio from opening. I click the image and nothing happens. 😞 I was on win 7 with it working fine. Upgraded to a Samsung 950 Pro 512GB m.2 drive for my OS and installed Win 10 and the anniversary update and viola no more Sonic Studio. 😞

In the process of this I've lost the control panel and Sonic Suite icons and can't seem to find them anymore. Can someone tell me where exactly the files are for these two programs so I can add them back to easy access on my start menu. I don't know why they didn't show up with reinstalling the realtech drivers. Probably something with that right click and do not show in this list deal with Windows 10. So now they are hidden and I don't know how to get them back after reinstalling and loosing the icons on the right side of the start menu. 😞

Hi

for your driver re-installation issue please look at these blogs to prevent auto installation of drivers by MS when restarting windows as a part of driver installation

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/take-back-control-driver-updates-windows-10/

hope it helps.

//DK

Anyone come up with anything yet? I ran into a different thread that lead directly to current Realtech drivers but Sonic Studio still doesn't work. Upon reinstalling the drivers I still don't have icons for the Asus audio stuff anymore either. Along with loosing the Realtech Audio control panel Icon. I've right clicked on the the audio device in device manager removed the drivers. Then even installed the Realtech drivers off the original cd and still nothing.

I don't have sonic studio or what ever the other audio icon is that installs from Asus, The Realtech control panel is now gone under control panel. This is a joke. $400 board and no support from Asus on this matter or a fix yet.

i've just finished a new clean windows intallation...just figured out

to have sonic sound working perfectly i've perfmormed a clean windows installation to the previous win 10.. after that i installed all drivers except nvidia
and aura / gputweek from asus (to my graphics card).
only then i did the update to windows 10 anniv update.

till there all worked just fine

after that a new update from windows screwed up sonic studio but everything else works fine..

so my conclusion is do a clean install put everything to together and after update to win 10 anniv version do not activate the windows update
until a newer version of realtek/sonic studio comes out

scgt1 wrote:
Can someone tell me where exactly the files are for these two programs so I can add them back to easy access on my start menu. I don't know why they didn't show up with reinstalling the realtech drivers. Probably something with that right click and do not show in this list deal with Windows 10. So now they are hidden and I don't know how to get them back after reinstalling and loosing the icons on the right side of the start menu. 😞

When you just install the realtek HD audio drivers and not the sonic studio application from ASUS, then you will not get the sonic studio suite installed. To install sonic studio, use your original motherboard [MB] CD and install just the sonic studio suite from there. If you have updated your drivers so that you have newer drivers than what comes on the MB CD, you can search for "SetupSonicSuite_R2.exe" on the MB CD and run that file to just install sonic studio suit, while keeping the updated audio drivers intact.

You can also check your MB model at ASUS support webpage to download updated audio drivers and sonic studio suite, which is newer than what comes with the MB CD.

Bahz
Level 12
I sent you guys a PM with new driver that we hope will fix this issue, please let me know if it resolves the issue for you.

I've got the same problem.Can u pls send me that new driver?